Yes Mom I Have Knee Bones:)

Options
I am not a fan of shorts and used to avoid them at all costs. I would be at the swimming pool in long pants and a t-shirt LOL. The other day I decided to wash my car and for some reason grabbed a pair of shorts to put on. I was surprised that they looked pretty good on me and I was ok going out in public with them on. Well I ended up washing my car and driving to my moms to visit and when I got there I was not even at the door when she comes out grinning from ear to ear and yells "Kim you are wearing shorts and you have knee bones!":blushing: . Thanks mom but I don't think the neighbors really care about my knee bones. I then realized it has been about 3 years since my mom had seen me in anything but long pants. She has been so loving and supportive about my struggle with obesity and she has tried to help in every way she can. Its amazing how people around me can notice the smallest changes in me, but I struggle to believe that I look any different at all.

I LOVE YOU MOMMA!!!!!!!!!!

Replies

• Dara80
    Dara80 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Ha Ha! Love it! Hubby always thinks I don't feel temperature because I only wear jeans in the summer. Finally last summer I let him know that the reason I don't wear shorts is because my butt and thighs have a habit of eatting them! He laughed but I don't think he realized that my weight was the reason I don't do shorts. Next summer I'm hoping to be running around in shorts though. My legs are so white that they glow in the dark!
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    Good job Bama!!! It was sooooo nice of your mom to SAY something like that, some people notice but just do not say anything! I hope all stays well with you.
  • themetra
    themetra Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congrats!
  • oomalmal
    oomalmal Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I love that feeling. Congratulations on having knee bones!:happy:
  • karmasBFF
    karmasBFF Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! So great to have support like that. It always adds such a boost of confidence and motivation!
  • sweet4keeps22
    sweet4keeps22 Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    I remember the first time I found bones I never knew I had, it was the best feeling in the world. I'm hoping to find those bones again soon! Congrats on having bones, and double congrats on having a mother who loves you enough to congratulate you and support you and be willing to acknowledge these important milestones in the journey! :drinker:
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!!
  • KeriD
    KeriD Posts: 324
    Options
    SWEET!!!! Fantastic....wear those shorts girl!!!!
  • Ten10
    Ten10 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    That's great, good for you!
  • fozzy33
    fozzy33 Posts: 72
    Options
    Its so strange to see things and feel bones you didnt know you had. I know it sounds funny but I couldnt believe I had a neck! It had been, well never, since I seen one and then once the weight started pouring off I actually had one and my collar bone is pretty nice too! LOL

Im going home in mid July to see my family in Chicago, I currently live in Phoenix. My family has not seen me since Sept last year. I was 231lbs and I am now 152 pounds. I cant wait for my mom and dad and my brother to see me. They have seen pictures, of course but seeing them in person will be different! I really cant wait.

I have lost a total of 88 pounds (lost 20 before I started using MFP and I didnt log it on here) and I only have 20 more pounds to go for my goal weight that i set forth when I started my journey. The last time I was 132 pounds I was in 5th or 6th grade. LOL
  • BamaRose0107
    BamaRose0107 Posts: 635
    Options
    Ha Ha! Love it! Hubby always thinks I don't feel temperature because I only wear jeans in the summer. Finally last summer I let him know that the reason I don't wear shorts is because my butt and thighs have a habit of eatting them! He laughed but I don't think he realized that my weight was the reason I don't do shorts. Next summer I'm hoping to be running around in shorts though. My legs are so white that they glow in the dark!

My legs are white as a ghost to! I started using sunless tanning cream so I don't blind people when the sun hits them this summer LOL!

To Fozzy: Wow your family is going to be blown away! Congrats and I would love to hear how it goes!

Thank you everyone for your kind words! I quess I am really lucky to have the support from my family and friends. I wish you all the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I went on vacation to Hawaii this month and there was no way I was going to be in capris and jeans the whole time. I actually went out and bought shorts and bermuda shorts. Honestly I feel so comfortable in shorts now its great...I think the last time I wore shorts in public had to be when I was in high school maybe even before that and I'm 28. My inner thighs still has issues but I'm able to work around that. So great!!! Good work and I know exactly how you feel.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    haha Girl, that's amazing. And 122 lbs.?! Damn. You have worked HARD.
  • Mary_Burris
    Mary_Burris Posts: 120
    Options
    I just started wearing shorts again too! its a great feeling when you can do that and not be so self conscious about it!!!
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!

In the right lighting, with the right shoes (heels), with the right amount of self-tanner, I am starting to feel not quite so self-conscious about my knees/calves/ankles. This area has been my most hated since first realized I had cankles and chubby knees in junior high. I still don't feel like I could bare my legs with flats, though. Sigh....
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!