Going out to eat

Options
Hey Everyone -

What would you do if you were off track for a week, didn't workout and didn't track your calories, then on your first day eatting right and getting back into the swing of things you go out to a restaurant that does not offer their nutrition information?

Ugggh

Replies

• pamw22
    pamw22 Posts: 77
    Options
    Skip the Fries the pasta the mayo the margarita and the soda. Go for a salad with dressing on the side and remember grilled chicken NOT crispy! Or do a burger without a bun and sub the fries out for like a veggie or side salad :bigsmile:
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options
    Stick to food items you know to be healthy like chicken (without skin) or fish especially salmon. Get a salad instead of fries and ask for the dressing on the side. That way you’ll find you actually use less than a tbsp. These items are easy to find in the food counter and if you think there is some oil, then just add a tbsp to your counter.
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Go for whatever your heart desires....JJJUUUUUSSSST KIDDING! :laugh:

I see your ticker so I know you know how to lose weight, what's good and what's bad so I get the sense you have a pretty good idea what can keep you within your calories for the day. No alcohol, nothing fried. Grilled, fresh, steamed and everything in moderation :glasses:
  • Abaker81
    Abaker81 Posts: 2
    Options
    As long as you are staying under your calories for the day, why should it be a huge deal about what you eat? I ask that question, after reading some of the reply's. If you only ate salad and veggies the rest of your life not only would you be unhappy, but you would burn out on this diet. Everyone needs a little alcohol or a dessert from time to time. Just adjust your calories for the rest of the day, so you don't go over.
  • cathcakey
    cathcakey Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it too much - just make sure that whatever you have, you exercise moderation. Restaurant portions are usually bigger than you need, so just eat until you're full, NOT until your plate is clear!!
    Good luck, I hope it's an enjoyable meal
  • jurgitafit
    jurgitafit Posts: 112
    Options
    Oh, that's easy. :wink: As many mentioned above, just get the baked or grilled meat/fish and steamed vegetables or salad (no dressing, or dressing on the side) and you'll be fine! Make sure you ask also not to add any butter to the steamed veggies and no added fats to the meat. Skip the breads, pastas and desserts. If you really want to have a dessert element in your meal, then order some fresh fruit. If the portions are large, save half for tomorrow's lunch. This will be the healthiest meal you've ever had at the restaurant! :happy: Hope this helps! Stay healthy!

:flowerforyou: