0 Calorie cooking sprays? Good or bad?

Options
So of course MOST of us use something to cook, or at least something to keep it from sticking to the pan. Today at the store I bought Crisco brand cooking spray that is butter flavored. I was delighted to see it was 0 calories. Now, since MFP is a calorie counting app I immediately was like JACKPOT!!! But... is it still bad for me? I use it to keep food from sticking to the pan, and sometimes spray it on vegetables to keep them from drying out while baking etc...

I don't use any other oils while cooking... or in fact like ever... except peanut butter which is normally in the form of PB2 for me... I do eat almonds and pistachios but other than that no fatty foods, except on cheat days : )

What do you use? Would you use them? Is there something better?

Replies

• skittles137
    skittles137 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I use Grape-seed oil and Olive oil when cooking veggies and sauteing because it tastes good and it's a "good" fat. However, I do use the 0 calories spray often, like when scrambling an egg or when baking for non-stick. I've never had any issues with it and as a non-stick use I think it's a great non-calorie alternative to oils.
  • neanderthin
    neanderthin Posts: 9,998 Member
    Options
    The can contains about 600 calories of nastiness. I generally use olive oil, butter, duck fat or coconut oil and always more than a micro seconds worth.