1 year on.

Options
So I started my journey on 8th Feb 2012. By Sept I'd lost my weight & beat my goal by 2kg. I've now beaten that goal by 5kg in total & have gone from 95kg to 60. From Size 22/24 down to a 12/10. I've taken up running...10km is my minimum I'll do before stopping. I've only just joined my very 1st gym last week. I did all of this totally on my own doing Zumba, pop-pilates, some Tiffany Rothe (youtube is great) and a whole rang of things on YouTube. I now basically walk for hours with my FitBit attached, while still doing the other things on the side when I feel I need more.

I am in maintain already & I love it.

If the pics dont come out please be patient I don't post pics often here.

This was me just before I started...the photo that started me off here was deleted the same day it was taken...I cried when I saw it & vowed never to look like that again...I could not stand to look at it. This is only a face shot but take the look & plaster that fattie all over my tiny 159cm frame.
12586283_6604.jpg

Just after I started...this one is on the fridge with the words "try harder cow" written on it
2012-02-05155048.jpg

This is me now.... this very day...... BTW the top is a size 20.... this was TIGHT on me 12 months ago... it's one of my faves cause it's soooooooo roomy now..
IMGP8775_zps8d150e39.jpg
IMGP8777_zps261f4a79.jpg

Grrr knew the pics would not work for me..... damnit. Finally got it though.

Replies

• stinkinstone
    stinkinstone Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Tremendous job. Be proud!
  • melnikdanil1
    Options
    Very motivational post.Thank you.I felt a little loss of motivation lately, you gave me a boost !!!Thank you!!
  • DHONEGGER
    Options
    Hi, I'm worse off then you. I've been on an eating binge for a year. Do you have any advice for me? What foods did you eat? How much a day? Any tips will be helpful. Thx DAWN BY THE WAY, YOU LOOK GREAT!
  • jlmed
    jlmed Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Wow, amazing. Congrats!
  • Sherbog
    Sherbog Posts: 1,072 Member
    Options
    I sure needed to read a post like this one. Wonderful and you look amazing. GREAT WORK!
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    You look like a different person and much happier! Congrats!
  • shellbellnz
    shellbellnz Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Wow, well done. Thank you so much for sharing.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    pinkraynedropjacki Posts: 3,027 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm worse off then you. I've been on an eating binge for a year. Do you have any advice for me? What foods did you eat? How much a day? Any tips will be helpful. Thx DAWN BY THE WAY, YOU LOOK GREAT!

Well to put it this way.... I HATE CHICKEN.

I eat nothing but chicken. Same meal (but then I was always a creature of habit) every night for a damn year. Chicken, capsicum, slim pasta (low cal noodles) and anything else... mushrooms, vegies, oyster sauce, parmesan cheese, greek yoghurt, chilli, tumeric. NOt all at once but some of them together.... yummy though.

I workout every day... no rest days, no cheat days & not one day off. Even ran with a broken toe & shin splints. I was like everyone & started with 1200 cal..... now I'm at 1700.

I'm finally that skinny chick my brain always thought I was when I was a fattie.
  • romyhorse
    romyhorse Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Great job,you look so much younger.
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    I feel so much younger. Even my husband said yesterday that I have so much more energy now than I did before. He loves it.
  • justgowithit17
    justgowithit17 Posts: 1,392 Member
    Options
    amazing job! :bigsmile:
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Your hard work has paid off that's for sure. You look great.
  • Donyalr
    Donyalr Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You look great. Your story is such a motivation.
  • Fit147
    Fit147 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    A wonderful transformation! Enjoy your new life. :)
  • carolinelittle
    carolinelittle Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Well done!
  • LadyRoff
    LadyRoff Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    What an inspiration, well done and thank you x
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look happy and healthy! :flowerforyou:
  • warriorsdontbitch
    warriorsdontbitch Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    awesome work
  • pinkraynedropjacki
    Options
    Thanks all. I feel great. The reward for doing this is endless. Knowing you can shop anywhere without having to try it on & hope it fits or hoping they have something in a big size..... also the damn sex only gets better ;)
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    congrats on your success. you look so much younger. thank you for sharing.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!