Not enteringcorrect food into diary...

Options
Naughty!! However I am basically lazy when coming to load what I eat and find the closest thing I can - example tonight I loaded some Canadian healthy cooked fish thing, I have no idea what it is or if it is even close but kind of looked ok out of all the options :wink:. I had fresh fish fillets crumbed in cornflakes baked (googled healthy fish recipes). I wonder if I am sabotaging myself be doing this - fact is though I live in New Zealand not Canada, and alot of the food I eat is not on here (love looking at other diaries).
Question being how does everybody cope with this should I be loading all my food myself?

Replies

• Duck_Puddle
    Duck_Puddle Posts: 3,237 Member
    Options
    Well, in order to lose weight, you need to maintain a calorie deficit. Mfp is a great way to track what you're eating to make sure you are not eating more than you should be. If you're just winging it and entering whatever seems like it might be sorta kinda a little bit like maybe what you ate, your diary is as useful as used toilet paper. If you want this to work, take the 10 seconds it takes to enter the food and then it's in there-in your recent entries so you can pick it in 1 second next time-and it's correct-and therefore your diary is correct.
  • slimnicola01
    Options
    Thanks for that - think I already knew - stupid question really :wink:
  • htimsm87
    htimsm87 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    If you think there is a chance you will make the recipe again or have the mail again I would try and enter the food. As mentioned the tool is only as useful as the information is good.

Having said that I just got back from a restaurant tonight where the nutrition information wasn't provided. So in this case I had to "guess" and took what was close. Since I didn't prepare it or have any info to enter this was as good as it is going to get.