A Year Makes a Big Difference

Options
savvystephy
savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
Well, a year ago I was graduating with my Bachelor's of Arts degree. I was lost, confused, happy, and heartbroken all at the same time. I weighed 193 lbs. I wanted to stay where living where I went to college, since I fell in love with the area (and I was in love with a man there) but because of the economy - things didn't work out. Neither did the romance - since the man decided he didn't want a long distance relationship. My world was crumbling, I had no control over anything - so I started taking control of my fitness and eating habits.

Well, here I am - a year later. I have lost 31-33 lbs (depending on the day) weighing between 160 and 162. I have hit a plateau for the last two months, but I am not letting it get me down because I have done fantastic so far. Things are looking wonderful - I will be moving in a couple months to go to graduate school, have a new potential romance to blossom, and am going to move on towards my career - but this year, I am healthy, fit, and active. Now, I can't even imagine not being active - the way I was before.

I only hope that next year I will be closer to my goal weight, happy, and healthy. This is a journey, a process - nothing in life worth anything comes easy. :smile:

So, keep your head up, keep working hard, and you will see results in time. It'll feel a lot better in a year if you stay on track then it will if you don't see immediate results and throw in the towel. :flowerforyou:

Replies

• BlueEyedMomma88
    BlueEyedMomma88 Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Great job hun :-)
  • Always_lil_j
    Options
    Thats awesome, never give up
  • Simplicity
    Simplicity Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    You are the epitome of motivation. You have done so well. I'm glad things are looking up. You know those last pounds are gonna fall right off ya real soon.
    Thanks for all your support this last year too. I am going up and down like a yo yo but I know thats just because life is this way right now. By the summer I'll be right back at it.
    X
    Ben
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thank you everyone!

Ben - Keep at it buddy! :smile: I know you've got your motivation in there. You are welcome and I'll keep giving you support too!
  • AmandaB4588
    AmandaB4588 Posts: 655
    Options
    Yes yes yes!!! I love hearing about your success, Steph. This is such an exciting time for you, and you deserve it!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thanks Amanda! :)
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    great post! congrats stef~
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thanks Nola. :)
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    awesome job steph..... your an inspiration to alot of us ... keep going and you will be that skinny minnie in no time .... good luck with your schooling and the new romance ... i hope it all works out for you :bigsmile: :flowerforyou:
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thank you Megan! :flowerforyou:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options
    Just imagine where you'll be a year from now!
  • savvystephy
    Options

Yep, that's my point of this post. :tongue:
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,738 Member
    Options

Yep, that's my point of this post. :tongue:
    :happy:
  • Holton
    Holton Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Great post for a Monday! You go girl!
  • July24Lioness
    July24Lioness Posts: 2,399 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Sometimes when you change the thinking in one area of your life, it changes your life all the way around!!!
  • savvystephy
    Options
    Thanks Holton & Lioness! I couldn't agree more - changing one area of your life, making yourself stronger and healthier really transcends into the rest of your life.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!