Q for the MFP nightowls who eat dinner after midnight:

Options
How do you log that into your food diary? Do you log it into your diary as the day before because technically you havn't slept yet? or do you put it in as a new day?

I wasn't feeling well at all today so i slept until 6PM. So my whole eating schedule out of wack

Replies

• lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I log midnight to midnight.
  • kelly_e_montana
    kelly_e_montana Posts: 1,999 Member
    Options
    I wake up around noon and log everything for that day on the day that noon is so I'm actually back-logging a few hours. I log on one day until I sleep. My last meal is always around 2:30 or 3 a.m. and I log it the previous day. I find it works better to plan out my macros that way than having dinner start my day.

If it was a one-time situation, I would not worry too much about splitting it up but I work nights on a regular basis, so I want to keep my days together regardless of some midnight re-set (arbitrary time) that has nothing to do with my personal daily schedule.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    i don't eat dinner after midnight but if it's a snack yeah if it's before midnight it goes on that day. i breakfasted once at 4am felt like the day before but i put it as breakfast for the day it was a part of. my day worked out too, which i thought this would cause me to be short calories later in the day.
    (p.s. see your pm's from me.)
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    I log everything as part of the same day from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. Then I start a new day again after I wake up.
  • upgetupgetup
    upgetupgetup Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    I log everything as part of the same day from the time I wake up until I go to sleep. Then I start a new day again after I wake up.

Yup, me too.
  • applekrisp1988
    Options
    I work third shift, my diary is set to reflect it.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I just had a bagel with creme cheese
  • ReinasWrath
    ReinasWrath Posts: 1,173 Member
    Options
    If I haven't gone to sleep and woke up yet I still count it as the same day.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I am also a night shifter...my diary is set so that all of my food is logged together. I don't separate it into meals or snacks. Why? I have no reason to. It's just easier for me to do it that way since I work 3 shifts a week. I make my 24 hour day start and end at 7AM. Starting a new day at midnight does not work for me.
  • fit4mom
    fit4mom Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    Good for you, that's amazing!
  • jerameylovinglife
    jerameylovinglife Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I work swing shift and i have found that it is just as easy to go from 12 to 12 ... each night so if i eat something at 10 pm it is for that night and if i eat something after that say at 1 am it is for that next morning even though i have not slept yet.. i have still lost a few pounds and i dont go over my cals. anyway..
  • erickita89
    erickita89 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Very interesting guys. Thanks for all the advise i will probably log it as yesterday its only like 2.12 am where i am right now
  • lovelylela415
    lovelylela415 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    i'm a nightowl - i log midnight to midnight