Full Body Lift - Excess Skin Weight

Options
I am still in the process of working on my weight loss, but as I get closer and closer to my goal weight it also brings me closer to my full body lift surgery. Currently I have lost, from what I am aware of, almost 140lbs in a little over a year (I say "what I am aware of" because I am unsure of my highest weight, just from where I first stood on a scale. I know I was at least an additional 30lbs though, so I would say I lost around 170lbs in total.).

Anyways, I have already went to a surgeon and spoke to her regarding a full body lift. One of the questions I asked was how much weight in excess skin will be removed. Her answer didn't help too much. All she told me was that you tend to lose more inches than actual weight since the excess skin doesn't weigh much. My goal weight is to be around 150lbs, but after skin removal where would that put me? I will be at over 200lbs lost of excess skin on my body by that time and am worried that too much weight will be removed taking me smaller than I want to be.

Has anyone had a full body lift before or knows anyone that has? About how much weight in skin was removed?

I tried to find a Youtube video, website, or article for help but didn't see much of anything regarding the weight of the removed skin, etc.

Replies

• zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,134 Member
    Options
    Ed Davenport had a body lift about 2 months ago. Here's his profile on MFP: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/eddavenport. He's got a blog that talks about his surgery.
  • Cravepain
    Cravepain Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Thank you very much! :)
  • jeme3
    jeme3 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    No Advice, but congratulations on a major life change!
  • kazzsjourney
    kazzsjourney Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Hi This is a journal I follow http://prettyif.blogspot.com.au/ she had a body lift 4 weeks ago so that may help you. I too have lost 180+ pounds and was similar to you in wanting to try and work out a goal weight etc and I had a DEXA scan so they could give me a idea of a goal weight taken into account my excess skin (they estimated my excess skin weighed at least 11 pounds)
  • mambagirl
    mambagirl Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    No one can tell you the weight of extra skin because it will be different based on how much skin they have to remove and how much the Dr. actually removes.
  • babymine55
    babymine55 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Hi This is a journal I follow http://prettyif.blogspot.com.au/ she had a body lift 4 weeks ago so that may help you. I too have lost 180+ pounds and was similar to you in wanting to try and work out a goal weight etc and I had a DEXA scan so they could give me a idea of a goal weight taken into account my excess skin (they estimated my excess skin weighed at least 11 pounds)

Oh my goodness, I just happened upon this post by accident-but, thank you!! Great info, great blog post too. :) And, thank you OP for asking the questions I've been meaning to..but, didn't!