Starting my new lifestyle today!

Options
I have joined other websites before in hopes of keeping track of my food and exercise. Today, I was put on high blood pressure medication at the age of 33 and I am TOO young to be on that, in my opinion. I have lived a life full of junk food and sedentary activities - but, I am ready to learn about eating healthier, being more active, and being accountable for what I'm doing. This wake-up call is probably exactly what I needed - and it looks like I am joining a strong, determined group of people here.

I also look forward to learning ways to de-stress! I work full-time in a public high school, am a full time college student, and also trying to plan my wedding. I definitely have a lot on my plate, but I am refocusing my attention on ME - something I haven't done in a very long time. After all, if I'm not healthy and happy, how can I fully achieve any of my other goals I have in life, right?

I am 5'4" and weighing in at 199 lbs. Last summer, I hit my highest weight of 233 and lost 34 lbs since then. I need to lose more to get down to my ideal weight of 108-145. I can do it though - they say anything worth having is not easy.

I look forward to making friends here and learning from your experiences and advice. So, hi all! :)

Replies

• Beanie008
    Beanie008 Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me!
  • staceyhotmama
    staceyhotmama Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou: Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • GodSentMe23
    GodSentMe23 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Add me
  • catmanor
    catmanor Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the beginning of the rest of your life!!

feel free to add me..

I've been here for almost two weeks and think it's the best site around!!
  • cmicks85
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me :) all the best.
  • michaela4910
    michaela4910 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Welcome, feel free to add me. That goes for everyone.
  • Anthony110101111110001101
    Options
    FR sent...
  • araLeaM08
    Options
    we can be friends^^
    I am also new here...
    Good luck to you.. :))
    I want to gain friends also :D
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    Welcome. Well done on your loss so far. feel free to add me. Always looking for more friends to cheer on
  • Athena53
    Athena53 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just turned 60 and weigh less than I have in 10 years, and life is good. (Oh, yeah- my BP is so low I'm usually in danger of being rejected for blood donations and I don't even watch my salt intake.) As you cut down on fats and sugars, you'll probably find that it takes far less of them to satisfy you, and you may even learn to look forward to whatever you do for exercise because it clears your brain, relieves stress, and energizes you. We're here for support when you need us!
  • burbunya
    burbunya Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Feel free to add me! I only started a few days ago as well.