newbie here!

Options
Hi, my name is Kaylan and it is my first day on MFP. My plan is to lose 55 lbs by the end of May for my high school graduation! I finally got tired of procrastinating so today marks a fresh start for Me! If you have any tips, suggestions, or strategies for success I'm all ears! I need all the motivation I can get! Thanks :)

Replies

• dokme
    dokme Posts: 31
    Options
    Just follow your plan on here and you will do fine. It works. I have been doing it and have lost 10 pounds in the last month. So it is a good tool to use. good luck.
  • xHITorMISSx
    Options
    Well first off Welcome!! :flowerforyou: Second my advice would be don't get discouraged!! Log ALL foods you are eating and MOVE! Eating right is definitely (I think) the biggest change you can make. I saw a quote somewhere that said

"It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks!"

You can do it! Good Luck and youre going to look fabulous for your graduation! :heart: :heart:
  • Prettymisssparkles
    Prettymisssparkles Posts: 1,274 Member
    Options
    Hello, I am also new. Would love to have you as a friend. :) Anyone can add me, motivational friends rock!
  • New935
    Options
    Thanks for all the advice! This is my first day and I have already caught myself making some better choices.I will be sure to keep you updated on my progress!!
  • araLeaM08
    Options
    hello...welcome to MFP..
    I'm also new here, we can be friends,,.
    goodluck! you can do it, we can do it.. :) little by little...
  • araLeaM08
    Options
    Well first off Welcome!! :flowerforyou: Second my advice would be don't get discouraged!! Log ALL foods you are eating and MOVE! Eating right is definitely (I think) the biggest change you can make. I saw a quote somewhere that said

"It takes 4 weeks for you to notice your body changing. 8 weeks for your friends and 12 weeks for the rest of the world. Give it 12 weeks!"

You can do it! Good Luck and youre going to look fabulous for your graduation! :heart: :heart:

right! I love your post :)
  • rachyoung12
    rachyoung12 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! I am sure you'll love it here :)

Send me a friend request, I'm always looking to help motivate others, and have others motivate me!

Anyone else can add me as well and I will accept! :)
  • ambertroxell
    ambertroxell Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Whatever you do...don't quit!!! Even if you loose only 1lb. that is still 3500 calories that you have worked off! I wish you all the luck in the world!!!
  • ltowne
    ltowne Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Good Luck....every pound you lose will be motivation for the next pound. Make sure you exercise too....that makes you burn more calories and keep your mind on track! Stay strong!