When do people notice?

Options
Hello everyone, this is my first post! I have lost 8lbs in total since I joined MFP. I cant tell you how wonderful I think this site is! However, although my waist bands feel looser and I feel great, no one has noticed a difference and visually I havent either! I wonder at what stage of weight loss people started to see a difference?

Replies

• Arsenal1919
    Arsenal1919 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    although my waist bands feel looser and I feel great, no one has noticed a difference and visually I havent either! I wonder at what stage of weight loss people started to see a difference?

In time, you're bound to.

It may be that the fit and fall of your clothes masks loss so far.

The positive is that you feel looser waist bands ... that, in itself, is wonderful personal feedback.

Usually, when I go back to concentrated weight loss and extra exercise, my wife says my face changes become noticeable eight to twelves days in.

Like you, I can feel growing comfort at the waistband.

Good luck. Best wishes.
  • cattrill
    cattrill Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I was having this discussion with my friends the other day, I think a lot depends on how often you see people, people who see you almost everyday are less likely to see than those who only see you once a month. But all in all they say around the 10pounds mark is when it becomes visibly noticeable! So you're very nearly there! Keep it up :)
  • trud72
    trud72 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Options
    It really all depends on how much you have to lose!:ohwell: the more you have to lose the less people will notice at first no one noticed on me until i was about 60lbs down the road! and also the people closest to you will be the last so don't get on to tem for it they see you daily! :wink:
  • Helenal91
    Options
    People started noticing around the 10lb mark.

I've found that I noticed in some clothes more than others which is strange.

Keep up the good work. How much have you got to lose?
  • notworthstalking
    notworthstalking Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    No one has said anything to me about losing weight at work or the kids school. My husband said I stand taller and seem happier when I lift. He seems happy I am eating more good food too. He likes to cook lol. I hadn't seen mum for 2 weeks and dad for a little longer. I met them with one of my daughters on Saturday. 'Oh gee V (my daughter) looks good, oh Lynda your shrinking' . My daughter is super skinny, borderline under weight , but is only six. You can always tell she is about to grow lol. Dad did say I look good, hiigh praise from him, and said to make sure I freeze dinners for work so I have the energy I need.
  • samanthawardle31
    samanthawardle31 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My husband said exactly that - he is less likely to notice because he sees me all the time. Ideally I would like to lose 3 stone altogether - well, 2 and a half now! :)
  • mumreeder
    mumreeder Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss so far. I have lost 12 lbs and gone down a dress size and lost 6 inches off my waist - and nobody has noticed (apart from my husband and close family) - it's annoying because I want people to see that I have been losing weight and give me the boost to say "you are looking really good" - but it's not happening and it's getting disheartening. But I have to keep telling myself I am not doing it for them, I am doing it for me and to be healthier etc. I look back at old photos and can see the difference so that's what keeps me going. Good luck with the other 2 and a half stones.
  • Marilyn2303
    Marilyn2303 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    It all depends on how much you need to lose but I found around 20 pounds. Now it's almost embarrassing how many comments I get. Since joining WW I've lost 51 lbs
  • BeckyLH
    BeckyLH Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Usually around the 1st mark for me, although when I first lost weight (when I had a lot more to lose) it was around the 2st-3st mark.
  • stuntpilot51
    stuntpilot51 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Once you get to 40-50 pounds people will start asking you if your sick or dying! :laugh: :laugh:

I found that the people you see most often will notice around 20 pounds.

It also helps when you start putting on old clothes that you haven't worn for years. When your clothes get baggy it hides the weight loss.
  • MarjayaG
    MarjayaG Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I have a lot to loose and even though the weight was coming off I couldnt even see it myself. I did a before and 2 months photo and couldnt see it. But my profile photos from where I started and now (less than 3 months) people are commenting! But part of that is angle, lighting and different sunglasses! But still its great when people DO notice!