Hi all

Hi all, thought i should introduce myself as i have been using MFP for a few weeks now. Well I'm 54 year old male and had a heart attack 9 years ago probably due to the amount of ciggies i smoked at the time, i haven't touched one since but have been slowly piling on the weight over the years. It doesn't help either as i am a taxi driver so i am sat on my backside most of the time. I should also mention that i suffer from rheumatoid arthritis and exercise has been difficult but i am on a new treatment now which has stopped much of my pains and I'm able to jog and walk easier.

So on the first of January 2013 i decided to get off my back side and try and get fit. I weighed in at 16st.4lbs and now i am 15st.0lbs. I get up at 6am for a 25 minute walk/jog and have cut out cakes and sweets and started having breakfast (porridge or toast ). So far so good but i am a bit worried about how fast the weight is comingng off.

So Hello everyone, good to be here :)

Replies

• Good Morning. First of all congratulation to you for a big step. When you first start out, it is a tough road. As you go day by day it will get alot easier for you to do the things that you haven't been able to do. When you snack make sure that you are snacking on healthy items. Try not to pick up junk food and nibble on it. I have never fealt so good in many years. I am 43. Welcome to MFP!!!