Noh8 Lauren Drain from Westboro Baptist Church

Options
2»

Replies

• justkeepswimng
    Options
    Until she helps a fallen Soldier, or Troop, no excuse for her blind hate. Oh I am sorry former blind hate. Don't talk about it be about it.

Until you have grown up in a home that brainwashes you into believing and behaving a certain way, you have no room to judge. She was brave enough and enlightened enough to get out of it. Now she is trying to make up for her hate. I think it is appalling what WBC does to Soldiers at their funerals and otherwise, but she is not that church. She is one woman who was brainwashed by them and got out.

Nope, not good enough, Until you help those you hurt, you do not recover. Did she get paid for this spot? However you think I have no place to judge as she and her former family has picketted my friends, my brother in arms funerals, for their right to do so? I don't want to take it out upon you, but until she comes back and helps some of these Heros, I will judge, all day every day, why? Because I was hurt.

My friend, I am sorry that you were hurt by this horrible group. I want you to know that in no way do I condone the actions of the Westboro Baptist Church. I do, however, think that this is ONE step in the right direction from one of the people that were brainwashed by this cult. I hope to see more from her and hope to see her make more steps to make right the wrongs that she has participated in against you and your family and friends. I am truly sorry for anyone in the military or from the gay community that has been wronged by this group. I do feel that everyone has to start somewhere and at least she has disowned the beliefs of her "family" and stepped out of her comfort zone to begin righting her wrongs. I do hope to see more of what she can do in such a place of powerful suggestion. I do hope, for your own good, that you can forgive and move on so not to allow them to have power over your life because then they win.
  • TheConsciousFoody
    TheConsciousFoody Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    Until she helps a fallen Soldier, or Troop, no excuse for her blind hate. Oh I am sorry former blind hate. Don't talk about it be about it.

Until you have grown up in a home that brainwashes you into believing and behaving a certain way, you have no room to judge. She was brave enough and enlightened enough to get out of it. Now she is trying to make up for her hate. I think it is appalling what WBC does to Soldiers at their funerals and otherwise, but she is not that church. She is one woman who was brainwashed by them and got out.

Nope, not good enough, Until you help those you hurt, you do not recover. Did she get paid for this spot? However you think I have no place to judge as she and her former family has picketted my friends, my brother in arms funerals, for their right to do so? I don't want to take it out upon you, but until she comes back and helps some of these Heros, I will judge, all day every day, why? Because I was hurt.

Well, that just makes you as bad as WBC! Way to go!
  • stevenleeryan
    stevenleeryan Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    In your own way Im the same as them? Ok you live in a wierd twisted world where a comment of me thinking a person is using this a promotional benifit is wrong, and until she uses her new found freedom to help those that gave her this... Im a terrible person for wanting her to make amends... yes. yor clearly not seeing the full picture of this person.... Money the new cult of this person!
  • ladymiseryali
    ladymiseryali Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    I'm glad some of the members are getting their ability to think and reason for themselves back.

Anonymous has been doing a good job in keeping them at bay as of late.
  • quirkytizzy
    quirkytizzy Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    Well, that just makes you as bad as WBC! Way to go!

I don't think that makes him just as bad WBC. Just....in pain.

There is a difference.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Well glad she got out. That's a start. However the things she did with that group were revolting. Hopefully she can do even more.
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    Hopefully more of them start doing this.

That's why in reference to the WBC I always replace "baptist" with "craptist."
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry she has no guns I'm sorry, I'm pretty sure 100% of my FL has better guns.

She's not super buff or anything but she clearly has nicely toned arms and I wasn't comparing her to anyone. But I'm glad that you were so inspired by this story.
    Her arms are very nicely toned! If I could get mine like that I wouldn't mind at all! Better than my wimpy old ballet arms & whatever it is I have right now lol
  • wmstormvet
    Options

• Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Options
    Whatever.
  • spamantha57
    spamantha57 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

There's no reason to keep being mad at a person because of their past that they are obviously trying & making a good effort to fix & be better. Helping a solider, sorry, but doesn't really have too much to do with the big picture. (Yes I am VERY aware of what the WBC does & not going to get into that mess.) Soldiers & troops have done things against gays too. So many different groups have done things against other different groups. The point is about trying to just be a good person, & being a good person isn't about any 1 group.
  • wmstormvet
    Options
    What a crock! Brainwashed? What? We are all free and independent thinkers! Glad she got out but I agree, she needs to make up for what she did when she was with them! It is unfortunate that she and the others like her are protesting at the funerals of those who gave them the rights of free speech! They are all pathetic and in my opinion don't rate to be called a church! They simply use that to hide behind!
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options

There's no reason to keep being mad at a person because of their past that they are obviously trying & making a good effort to fix & be better. Helping a solider, sorry, but doesn't really have too much to do with the big picture. (Yes I am VERY aware of what the WBC does & not going to get into that mess.) Soldiers & troops have done things against gays too. So many different groups have done things against other different groups. The point is about trying to just be a good person, & being a good person isn't about any 1 group.
    It's going to take her a lot more than that ad to make her anywhere approaching a good person.
  • stephdeeable
    stephdeeable Posts: 1,407 Member
    Options
    Good for her. **** WBC, I'm glad I live somewhere where this **** is not allowed on the streets.

In a perfect world the WBC would not exist, and the NOH8 campaign wouldn't have to exist.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    My response to WBC and any other such organisation that tells me I am going to hell because of who I am etc. is to say that if they are in Heaven, I'd rather be in hell.

'If he wants to survive, anywhere could be like Heaven. He has a chance to be happy anytime because he's alive.'
  • SarahCW1979
    SarahCW1979 Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Im sure the families of the fallen soldiers who's funerals she and her posse picketed will be so pleased to know she no longer agree's with the WBC.... yeah, that'll make it all better.
  • ScatteredThoughts
    ScatteredThoughts Posts: 3,562 Member
    Options
    It is a start, but I am very skeptical. Her facebook and twitter seem to be primarily about promoting a book. I am curious to see how the proceeds of her book will be used.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    What a crock! Brainwashed? What? We are all free and independent thinkers! Glad she got out but I agree, she needs to make up for what she did when she was with them! It is unfortunate that she and the others like her are protesting at the funerals of those who gave them the rights of free speech! They are all pathetic and in my opinion don't rate to be called a church! They simply use that to hide behind!

There was a news interview thing with some WBC folks that I saw a while back. I forget which news program, and I'm not sure that this woman was the same teenager they were interviewing for that program. Anyway, this teenage girl got a clue and decided to leave the WBC. She is not allowed to have contact with her family, as they are still members of the church. Her parents were interviewed and said that they don't care about her, that she's dead to them, etc. Then it showed her two siblings. Her younger sister was like 3 years old, out there holding signs, singing hate-filled lullaby songs, etc.

If you're raised in it, you don't really know better. You mean to tell me that that little 3 year old isn't brainwashed? Puh-leaze!
  • TheRealAutumnShiranui
    Options
    She protested the Funeral of a Hero from my Town, and she also protested at the pride festivals I attended. No, This doesn't make it all better. But it is a start.
    She didn't do this for money, because the NOH8 program doesn't pay, it runs purely off of donation and word of mouth.
    She is setting out to do good and truly live a life of God, and still, People hold grudges so longingly, and wonder why people say they are no better than this "Cult"

She is taking a step, No, a leap into the right direction.
    She has been cut off from all of her family and friends, everything she has known in life. Do you people know how hard it is to have your entire life ripped from your hands because you wanted to do the right thing?

She was raised and brainwashed into this cult, and didn't know any better, and even though NOW, she is doing the right thing, she still is catching hell.
    The world is full of a lot of fear and a lot of negativity, and a lot of judgment. I just think people need to start shifting into joy and happiness.

I say Kudos to her for jumping in the right direction. Here is to her and her new life!
    Men of ill judgment ignore the good that lies within their hands, till they have lost it.