Turbofire meal plan

Options
MissAnjy
MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
Hey, for everyone doing TF. I was just reading the "fuel the fire" guide & it says in there that the meal plan is based on a 1500 calorie a day diet. It goes on to say later in the read that TF workouts generally burn around 650 calories per workout. Are they seriously suggesting that my net calories be 850 at the end of every day?

Replies

• littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    B
  • JigglyPig
    JigglyPig Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Well I don't know...
    They go through the whole calculation for a proper number of calories (using the BMR, your lifestyle, etc.), and it tells you how many calories you're supposed to consume depending on how many pounds you want to lose each week. The number that mine calculated was pretty spot on with what MFP calculated for me.

Their food plan would need to be supplemented if you require more calories than it spells out. So, the menu might provide for 1500 calories, but if you're supposed to consume 1800 (for example) when you take your exercise into account, you'll have to supplement it. Double some meal portions or snacks. They want you to eat the appropriate number of calories. Don't worry! They won't steer you wrong! ☺
  • turbofiregirl
    Options
    I would really suggest using a HR monitor on an everyday basis to calculate the calories burnt, feed it into MFP, rather than taking an average as 650 per workout. In fact, on an average, I lose about 10-12 calories per minute. My maximum so far has been on Fire 55 EZ where I have been able to lose upto 570 calories.

I am new here and I dont know if I need to eat up my excercise calories, currently I dont. So, on a day I end up 500 calories short as per MFP.

I was on Inferno last week, with a strict 1200 calories with all the workouts done. I lost 7 pounds in 5 days.
  • MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    I would really suggest using a HR monitor on an everyday basis to calculate the calories burnt, feed it into MFP, rather than taking an average as 650 per workout. In fact, on an average, I lose about 10-12 calories per minute. My maximum so far has been on Fire 55 EZ where I have been able to lose upto 570 calories.

I am new here and I dont know if I need to eat up my excercise calories, currently I dont. So, on a day I end up 500 calories short as per MFP.

I was on Inferno last week, with a strict 1200 calories with all the workouts done. I lost 7 pounds in 5 days.

I have a HRM and I'll definitely be using that for the workouts when i begin (not starting until after CLX on August 8th) just trying to get my ducks in order here.

7 pounds in 5 days, that's insane. I read the 5 day inferno plan & i just didn't think it sounded healthy at all.
  • jensmith1984
    Options
    They say that everything that you burn in your exercise you should eat to refuel your body. So if you are suppose to eat 1500 and burn 550 doing TF than you should be eating 2050 calories in the day. I know when I figured out my calories for Insanity they said I should be eating 2200 calories a day plus what I burned. I see this was written a while ago so I am sure you have probably figured it out lol. But how did you do? I just got Turbo Fire today but the person I got it from doesnt have to nutrition guide anymore so I was trying to find it online and came across this post. Hope you kicked butt!!!
  • SabrinaJEdwards
    Options
    Jensmith1984, did you find the tf fuel The fire nutrition guide? I also just got it from a friend she no longer has it. What did you do without it?
  • Wurdgurl
    Options
    umm any chance you would like to share that nutrition plan with me? I have the workouts just dont know what to do with my food intake now! Thanks!