P90X Calories Burned?

Options
I have been attempting to keep accurate logs for food as well as my exercise. However, I am doing the P90X workouts and have not been able to find a suitable match under EXERCISE that even comes close to the workout that I do each morning and/or night. Without purchasing anymore equipment, does anyone have information regarding the calories burned for each workout of the P90X system?

Replies

• yellowhead20
    Options
    I did the P90X system about a year ago, I only got through 3 weeks but I was calcualted it as vigorous circuit training, the system I was using at the time was calculating at least 500 per day based on the length of the video.
  • steve2375
    steve2375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Most will tell you, and I agree, that a heart rate monitor is the most accurate way of calculating your calories burned. You said you did not want to buy more equipment, so I attached a link that may help. After getting the calculation, you can add the excercise, ie P90x Chest & Back, in the MFP under cardiovascular training and add the calories burned from the site listed below. MFP will remember your P90x, so you can just add the length of time and the calories burned will calculate for you. This will only give you and estimation, and is not 100% accurate. Good Luck and keep pushing play!

http://www.healthstatus.com/calculate/cbc
  • steve2375
    steve2375 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I should have told you, enter your minutes under "weight lifting - vigorous"