I am new.

Options
I just started diet back today. I have been battling my weight my whole life. I have only had real success two times dieting. The first time was doing WW back 2000. I lost 67 lbs. but dieting is a life change. And when I lost down to a size 20 I thought well I can eat this and get back on my diet tomorrow but tomorrow never came and now I am bigger than I have ever been. The second time was earlier in the year I started the Prism diet and I lost 40 lbs. It is very strict diet. I do not have the will power to stay away from sugar so I am going to do WW again and see how it goes. If any one has any suggestions for me I welcome them.

Replies

• Behavior_Modification
    Behavior_Modification Posts: 24,482 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I've been on the site for about 3 months and LOVE IT! I've still got a long way to go though...
  • smuehlbauer
    smuehlbauer Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    Welcome! MFP is awesome! Love it here. It's helped me a bunch.
    Erase the word diet. Don't use it ever again!
    Healthy eating, living, life change - call it what every you want besides a diet!
    And don't forget your exercise!
    You'll do great!
  • elyse0210
    elyse0210 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome.
  • kstoeger
    kstoeger Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've been on this site for 2 weeks and have lost 5 lbs. I've also done weight watchers several times and have always lost weight. I actually joined weight watchers online and then discovered myfitnesspal and prefer mfp. I have found myfitnesspal much easier to use than counting points. I know, I'm still counting calories, but this way seems to be easier for me. I get to count other areas besides calories, fat, and fiber. I need to focus on sodium intake too. Also, the food database seems to be much larger. What I like is mfp's database lists all foods whereas WW's database tends to focus on their choice of foods or foods that I don't consider "common" foods. Use whatever helps you achieve your goals. Good luck :)