Not eating enough? Worried.

Options
I'm trying to lose 10-15 pounds. I've been stuck on 160 (it goes back and forth from 158-162) for quite some time. People have told me I have toned up but I still want to lose the weight. My progress is set at one pound a week and my limit of calorie intake is 1550. When I was on Loose it! it was 1705. I work out 5-6 times a week. I do high interval training, swimming, body combat (kickboxing) and a core class. I usually workout 30-75 mins a day. When I spoke to a trainer he said I might not be eating enough. I really want to give myfitnesspal a couple of weeks to see if 1550 is enough but I'm worried. Has anyone else had this issue? I also find it difficult to eat more because I feel like I eat enough.

I'm 25 yrs old 5'8 and 160.

Replies

• HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories?
  • megdub41
    Options
    Mostly I do. But today I am not going to work out because yesterday was something new and I'm incredibly sore. Plus, I plan on working out the next 6 days.
  • megdub41
    Options
    I try to underestimate the calories I burn at the gym because I know it's not completely accurate. When the body combat instructor says we burned 600 calories I log 300. I know she's probably burning more than me.
  • tobejune
    tobejune Posts: 177
    Options
    search for In Place of a Road Map (IPOARM) and use that spreadsheet to calculate your calories. I think it's much more accurate than MFP and even other websites because it's so thorough and detailed. Good luck
  • HealthyGinny
    HealthyGinny Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    If you mostly eat your exercise cal and your trainer still says you might not be eating enough, why not set mfp at a loss of 0.5lbs/week? Just to see?
  • taliesyn_
    taliesyn_ Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    search for In Place of a Road Map (IPOARM) and use that spreadsheet to calculate your calories. I think it's much more accurate than MFP and even other websites because it's so thorough and detailed. Good luck

A lot of garbage results come back for this search with stray HTML tags all over them - I found the page I think you are talking about:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12