Lose 10 lbs by February 28th!

Options
Hi everyone,

I"m going to Mexico on February 28th and my goal is to lose 8-10 lbs. by then. How can I do this? I know just staying under my calorie goal is good, but I'm thinking maybe more protein will help? Any tips and joiners would be appreciated.

Going to the gym for kickboxing at 10:30, that should jumpstart!

Thanks!

Laura

Replies

• JesterMFP
    JesterMFP Posts: 3,596 Member
    Options
    Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but 10 lbs in 18 days, especially when you only have 20 lbs to lose total, is not a healthy or realistic goal. It's very, very unlikely that you could lose 10 lbs of fat in that time, and you risk losing muscle instead. If I were you. I would tell MFP you want to lose 0.5 lbs a week (maybe 1 lb max), eat all the way up to your calorie goal (not under it), and do some resistance/strength training of some sort. More protein will help you to retain the muscle you have now. You could hopefully lose a few pounds of fat, and maybe get a bit smaller too, and feel fitter and healthier by the time you go on holiday. Enjoy your holiday, and come back ready to lose the rest for summer! :flowerforyou:
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Was going to post a similar question... I have until March 6.... however, I am very limited in my ability to work out due to recent knee arthroscopy and tennis elbow... I would be happy with a 5 pound loss. I know it is not healthy to lose so much so quickly but I still want to get as close to my goal as I can..
  • DanielleHinkle24
    DanielleHinkle24 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I recommend the following: eat only animal protein (eggs, chicken, beef, pork, fish), fresh vegetables, fresh fruits. Seasonings and condiments that do not contain dairy, gluten, soy, or sugar are okay. Avoid the following: dairy, sugar (real and artificial), products containing gluten, soy, processed foods, alcohol (only until Feb 28th), and diet soda/drinks. Walk or exercise for 30 minutes 3-5 days per week. It WILL work!!! :flowerforyou: Good Luck and have fun!