50 lbs lost with pics! (be gentle)

Options
Stdavis53
Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
So, I made the decision to start my lifestyle change and loose weight on December 2nd, 2012. My wife and I had just had our first child, and when family came to visit, they made several comments to my wife regarding my weight/health. It finally set in that I really was beyond where I felt comfortable, and needed to make a change. I had been steadily gaining weight since about 2004. I can blame it on working 3rd shift, I can blame it on 100 things, but really, I was just slowly hurting myself and denying every bit of it.

I have been seeing slight changes in my body and even though I still have a LOT of weight to lose, I figured I would show you guys some progress pictures. I am extremely proud of what I have done the last 70 days, and I think its time to show what my work has done up to this point.

At my heaviest, 388.2 lbs.
Picture taken Dec, 2nd 2012 Front shot
i3fio8.jpg

Dec, 2nd 2012 Side Shot
fa4d90.jpg

As you can see, I wasn't happy with taking the pictures, but to be honest, I think I was sucking in a little bit, hah.

Current Weight 338.2 lbs.
Picture taken Feb 10th, 2013 Front shot
rurziv.jpg

Feb 10th, 2013 Side Shot
n1cvom.jpg

I still have quite a bit to go as you guys can see, but I am now officially past 1/3 of the way there. I am in the double digits with remaining weight to lose, and I have no plans on slowing down. For starting at such a high weight, I really truly feel like it has been an easy road so far, and with incredible encouragement from family at home, and friends on here, its just going to get easier as time goes by.

Thanks for looking everyone :drinker:

*edited* had the 20th of Feb instead of 10th.. thx for pointing that out, hah

Replies

• MsToraHope
    MsToraHope Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Excellent job! Keep up the good work for you, your beautiful wife and your baby!
  • featherkiss
    Options
    i am in the same boat as You my friend....and what an accomplishment....You can definitely see the change....and think what another 1/3 will do....its great that you have a support system..as i do....it makes the journey that much easier....stay strong and before you know it...you will be the THIN version of yourself...GREAT JOB!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you have the right attitude, the first part is the hardest and it's all downhill from there! =) Congrats!
  • patty1138
    patty1138 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    What a change
    You look so much better
    I know you feel a lot better too!
  • dcjackson50
    Options
    Nice work,.....you should be very proud!!!!
  • missingmercury
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS! 50lbs is awesome. You can really see the difference. Also, congrats on being parents to a new baby! :flowerforyou:
  • treagal
    treagal Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Awesome work! You are looking great, a big difference from December.
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    A! May! Zing!
    :happy:
  • clodsb
    clodsb Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on the birth of your 1st born, and congrats on taking control of weight! You have done amazingly well! Well done and all the best with the other 2/3! You can do it! :)
  • Swedgen
    Options
    That's awesome man!! Great job!!
  • nonniArteaga
    Options
    Awesome keep up the great work!
  • cbeutler
    cbeutler Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    Great work, stay the course, be patient
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Well done!
    You have a right to be proud of your achievement!!
  • Millie2045
    Options
    Good progress well done but how come your
    pictures say 20th February when it's only the 10th?
  • greyt2bfit
    greyt2bfit Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Your determination is paying off!
  • SparkleShine
    SparkleShine Posts: 2,001 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!! Congrats on making this lifestyle change, you won't regret it!

Congrats on your baby too!:heart:
  • triciab79
    triciab79 Posts: 1,713 Member
    Options
    Great Job!!
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Seriously, that is awesome! You have come so far in a short amount of time! I bet you are feeling healthier by the day, as well. Congratulations on your growing family, too!
  • TXtstorm
    TXtstorm Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    You can do this! The hardest part is truly making the start, and you can SEE that you've done that. Keep going!
  • mussmom
    mussmom Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    You can really tell a difference! I admire you for being so brave to post pics. I have taken mine, but they remain on my phone:) keep up your hard work. Enjoy that baby!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!