50 lbs lost with pics! (be gentle)

Options

Replies

• nogoldilocs
    nogoldilocs Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You've got a similar starting weight to me and have the same reason for doing it! (my first born is due in July.)

Looking at your diary it seems that your eating about 1600*1800 calories a day which is about what I'm eating and it's under my BMR. How are you finding it 2 months in (obviously 50lb off is great!)

I am happy for your success. Losing 50 lbs is an amazing accomplishment. Your food choices are amazing and it looks like you are working out really hard. You are under your calorie goals daily, but sometimes *way* under.

I congratulate your success but I caution that you definitely want to net over 1200 calories per day, or more exactly, you want to net over your BMR. Eating 1500-1800 calories per day and burning as many calories as you do, you need to have the energy to sustain this. I say this because I want to see a success story from you 6 months from now with you still going strong.
  • mhorn2142
    mhorn2142 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    wow. I can totally see the difference. good job and keep going.
  • Stdavis53
    Stdavis53 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    You've got a similar starting weight to me and have the same reason for doing it! (my first born is due in July.)

Looking at your diary it seems that your eating about 1600*1800 calories a day which is about what I'm eating and it's under my BMR. How are you finding it 2 months in (obviously 50lb off is great!)

I am happy for your success. Losing 50 lbs is an amazing accomplishment. Your food choices are amazing and it looks like you are working out really hard. You are under your calorie goals daily, but sometimes *way* under.

I congratulate your success but I caution that you definitely want to net over 1200 calories per day, or more exactly, you want to net over your BMR. Eating 1500-1800 calories per day and burning as many calories as you do, you need to have the energy to sustain this. I say this because I want to see a success story from you 6 months from now with you still going strong.

Thanks for the compliments and the concerns! I spent a good 2 weeks during the 70 days eating back my exercise calories and upping to my actual goals and within the 2 weeks, i stalled and only lost 1 lb. I talked to my nutritionalist and dietitian here on base and we are going with a plan similar to what i'm doing now. In the middle of March, I am going to go back into the BodPod to test my BF% and if it shows i'm loosing too much non-fat, We are going to reconsider things and rework my plan.
  • tanterror
    tanterror Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Your doing great!
  • squindles
    squindles Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Well done that's fab! :bigsmile:
  • BLady44
    BLady44 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!! Good for you.. you are doing great!
  • mdepko
    mdepko Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    You're doing awesome!!! Major difference between the pictures. Stay on track, you will get there.
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome job,you really can see a difference.Keep up the good work!!!!!!!!::happy: :drinker:
  • galenofedgewood
    galenofedgewood Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Be gentle? Hell no! A loud and boistrous congrats is in order!

You're doing a bang up job, mon ami. Keep it up, don't stop.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    You're doing great! You should be very proud.
  • missfitto
    Options
    what an inspiration!!! keep it up
  • Tecia1970
    Tecia1970 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Great job! Congrats!
  • harribeau2012
    harribeau2012 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! AM SHOWING HUBBY HOW FANTASTIC YOU'VE DONE! :flowerforyou:
  • AmazonRDH
    AmazonRDH Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    WAY TO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • NotBonJovi
    NotBonJovi Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    First of all, Congratulations on having your first child.
    50 lbs in 2 months! How did you manage to achieve that? Wow, you are really amazing. You are doing great, and be gentle on yourself. Inside you is a thin man in a tearing hurry to get out. Take it easy and be steady on your progress.
  • denise8986
    denise8986 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    awesome job, keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!
  • ndnmomma
    ndnmomma Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    Wow what an amazing difference, keep up the great work because its paying off!
  • 1964Lynn
    Options
    That is awesome especially in a short time, you should be very proud.
  • ctalimenti
    ctalimenti Posts: 865 Member
    Options
    WoW! You are doing great! Keep it up!
  • WOW! great job already!!!! Keep going!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!