Anyone else feel colder now

Options
I have a question to you all out there, since losing almost 3 stone last year I've been feeling really cold so cold that I now where 4 layers ( I'm talking British winter ) where as before I would wear just a t-shirt under my coat, has anyone else experienced this and if so does it get better once you get used to it or will this be what I have to put up with every winter

Replies

• BridgetBarger
    BridgetBarger Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I feel colder now, I have lost 34 lbs(I don;t know what a stone is) and now have to wear a undershir at work to keep warm. I remember when I started 9 years ago when I was thin I had to wear a undershirt. Less body fat
  • JennetteMac
    JennetteMac Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I was always a bit of a cold body, but since dropping 3 stone I am a whole lot worse. I walk the dog 2 or 3 times a day and it now takes me as long to get wrapped up in my layers ( about 4 usually, plus 3 sets of trousers) as it does to walk him. And taking them all off again back home is a pain.
    Better than being fat though! (That said, who's going to know when I'm dressed to look like the michelin man?):laugh:
  • ukgirly01
    ukgirly01 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been bloody freezing
  • metacognition
    metacognition Posts: 626 Member
    Options
    I feel colder now, lost about 45 pounds and I feel chilly even on 40 degree nights.

I hope this feeling will pass once I hit goal and go onto maintenance (more calories = more energy diverted to staying warm).
  • davidoneill1914
    davidoneill1914 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Put a jumper on girls !!!
  • ingeh
    ingeh Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    haha yes! Im 11st 8lbs now and was wearing 2 shirts and a jumper plus leggings and thick joggers last night whilst my partner was in his pants and boiling hotin bed and I was still cold! My goal is 9-10st god knows how cold il be then lol
  • WTF7
    WTF7 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Yep!
  • paxbfl
    paxbfl Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I'm WAY colder. I've lost 43 pounds in the dead of Winter. My wife keeps laughing at me because I was always warm no matter what the temperature. Now I'm reaching for a sweater.

It's a small price to pay, though. Pretty much the only downside I can find - and will be a huge benefit in the Summer!
  • TrailRunner61
    TrailRunner61 Posts: 2,505 Member
    Options
    I was freezing after weight loss until these joyful hotflashes started. It is a strange feeling though, because when you're fat, you (or at least I) are rarely cold. I was always sweating then.
  • BorgieMN
    BorgieMN Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    way way way colder than I used to be!
  • vmekash
    vmekash Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    We no longer have that natural extra layer, so we have to put on extra artificial layers to keep warm. Oh Spring/Summer, where are you?
  • jasonheyd
    jasonheyd Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Yes. I'm at the sweater + fleece stage pretty much all the time. Friggin' ridiculous. =/
  • lorindaleigh
    lorindaleigh Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Whew I was beggining to think something was wrong with me!
  • traceytwink
    traceytwink Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    Lol well I'm glad I'm not the only one, thermals are the best I love them lol, my hubby loves it now cos I actually put the heating on have to say I'm dreading the fuel bill this winter hahahaha
  • sss1966
    sss1966 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I too have to wear a thermal undershirt at work, I'm so cold. Also after working out when I begin to cool down, I am freezing for about an hour after, and often need to put my coat on
  • Eyvette1
    Eyvette1 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I am always colder now and my doctor told me it is because my body was used to all of the extra insulation it had with the fat and does not know how to produce the heat now. He said it could take up to 3 years for my body to figure it out. brrrr
  • chrysrc
    chrysrc Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Me too! I've lost 26 pounds and I've been feeling SO much colder. It's horrible, I haven't gone a day without wearing a hoody and I always go to sleep with a jumper on over my pj's, it's really annoying and I thought I was the only one
  • Sorashi
    Options
    Like a lot. I have lost over 50 pounds and in winter sometimes I go with three layers of clothes when before one was enough.
  • whittlelauraann
    Options
    I am always freezing now!!!