Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Stepping outside of your comfort zone...

I have been challenged by my health coach to step outside of my comfort zone. For people like me (complete control freaks) it was a very daunting task. Below are a few things I have tried outside of my comfort zone in the past week.

- Planks: held a lank for 1 minute
- Kale: I baked kale chips...and they were good!
- Greek Yogurt: It's not too far out of my zone but I didn't want to even try it at first.
- Writing EVERYTHING down. Even the days when I am ashamed of what I ate (my diary is open).
- Mahi Mahi: trying a new fish was scary no matter what anyone says lol

What have you done to get outside of your comfort zone?

Replies

• xxnellie146xx
    xxnellie146xx Posts: 996 Member
    I started running on the treadmill at the gym last month. I was convinced that everyone would would be watching and laughing. Truth is no on cares!

Great job on trying new things!
  • Mikkimeow
    Mikkimeow Posts: 1,282 Member
    Eating more than 1300 calories a day when I started my weight loss. I thought that you had to cut cals drastically to lose weight. Eventually I learned all about TDEE and fueling my body, but it was so scary that first week I ate 1900 cals a day. I was convinced I would never lose weight like that.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member

- Writing EVERYTHING down. Even the days when I am ashamed of what I ate (my diary is open).

This is me.

There are some days when I go significantly over my goal. I force myself to log everything. If I don't log it, then I'm just doing it for appearances so my MFP diary looks good. It doesn't change the fact that I actually ate it. Instead of shaming myself and feeling like I have to hide, I just log it all and move on.

As far as what I've done to step outside of my comfort zone .... exercise.
  • kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member

This is me.

There are some days when I go significantly over my goal. I force myself to log everything. If I don't log it, then I'm just doing it for appearances so my MFP diary looks good. It doesn't change the fact that I actually ate it. Instead of shaming myself and feeling like I have to hide, I just log it all and move on.

As far as what I've done to step outside of my comfort zone .... exercise.

This has helped me considerably since I jumped back on the wagon post holidays. Even on my over days, I log everything! It keeps me honest and also, it helps me from going too far over most of the time.
  • nycalison
    nycalison Posts: 51 Member
    I know what you mean about logging everything! I ate three cupcakes yesterday and didn't log it, woke up this morning and went back and added them, there is no hiding in weight loss!
  • Thanks everyone for your replies!!! I stepped outta my comfort zone again today....and dare I say it was fun?!?!

Changed up my workout at the gym:
    Normal routine is 20 min cardio on arc trainer and 40 min on weight machines.
    Today's routine was 30 min cardio....5 min walk warm up, 1 min jog/4min walk (4sets), 5 min cool down. Then I did free weights, Kettle Bell (1 type of exercise), Bench press, and this very scary 45 degree back extension machine (Cybex).

All I can say is....CHANGE IS GOOD!