Help, please--snacks: ^protein, cal>150

Options
MIM49
MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
I would like suggestions for snacks to increase protein intake with minimal calories for snacks. For example Yoplait Greek yogurt is 100 cal with 10 grams of protein. I would like to keep snacks below 150 cal. Any suggestions?

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% plain Green yogurt. 18 grams of protein, 100 calories.
  • mollylookalike
    mollylookalike Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Sargento Light String Cheese. 50 calories, 6g protein
  • heyyoudontgiveup
    heyyoudontgiveup Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese is high protein low calorie. You can also try some of the Luna Protein bars that may be like 170-190 calories but it's pretty close. I also like whey protein because it's super high protein and low calorie -- make it with water and ice for a thick frosty shake.
  • capnrus789
    capnrus789 Posts: 2,736 Member
    Options
    4-5 oz chicken breast, grilled, 30g protein or more. I have one just about every afternoon.
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup fat free cottage cheese: 80- cal, 13g protein. Add in 1/2-1 scoop chocolate/vanilla/your choice protein powder to flavor & add another 50-100 cal, 13-25 grams of protein
  • girlykate143
    girlykate143 Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    +1 for cottage cheese. add some splenda or stevia drop and mix if you need it to be sweet.
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    low fat cottage cheese
    baked tofu
    small hand full of almonds or seeds
    beef jerky
  • Sweet_Potato
    Sweet_Potato Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    2-3 Tbsp hummus with celery sticks
    Hardboiled eggs
    Edamame
    Vegetarian chili
    Broccoli sauteed with minimal oil
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Roll up a piece of deli meat with some lettuce, or wrap it around a stick of celery. That'll be high sodium as well, though. Try a hardboiled egg, too.
  • MIM49
    MIM49 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Excellent suggestions. I looked up protein powders on MFP. I like the nutritional info on Herbalife personalized protein powder: 4 TBSP= cal 80, No fat/chol/carb/sug, Na 180g, K+ 180g, prot 20g. Flavorless? Has anyone used this--does it add a nasty texture to foods like yogurt, cottage cheese, or soups. What about if added to eggbeaters?
  • jdaley90
    jdaley90 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I haven't that particular brand of protein powder but i do add it into the cottage cheese. Ill also then add in almond milk and cereal. tastes delish! I don't think it adds a weird texture or anything.
  • judychicken
    judychicken Posts: 937 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • witeowl
    Options
    I love me some hard-boiled egg whites with a little salt. My dog loves that I hate hard-boiled egg yolks.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    4-5 oz chicken breast, grilled, 30g protein or more. I have one just about every afternoon.

So far, this is the only snack I've seen on this thread that is something I would actually eat. But I would dip my in BBQ sauce, 'cuz that's how I roll. :smokin:
  • hmcharg
    hmcharg Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I love the special K20 drinks-- 30 cals 5g Protein and 5g Fiber. I often drink one along with some of the lower cal snack options mentioned in the thread to add an extra protein and fiber boost.

Cocktail Shrimp are also a good high protein low cal snack.