Period Question

Options
So the last question I uploaded like this I had a bunch of people calling me trolling and/or a liar. But I'm having genuine concern that I need to get advice about. So please, before commenting on me attention seeking, etc, just read and let me know if you can help me. If not don't bothering messaging because I'm getting tired of people telling me I troll.

I have a regularly heavy period, and since I first got my period at the ripe age of eight I have suffered with PMDD (basically a more advances PMS). Usually I get very sick during my periods - dizziness, burning ears, fever, diarrhea (or at least my version of diarrhea, I have EGE and am constantly "constipated" because of it).

But here's my issue I was wondering if anyone had the answer to.

I started my period late (usual thing for me), and started taking my Pamprin extra strength. I'm on major drugs for depression as it is so the pamprin helps just take that extra edge off. Two days into my period I decided I couldn't handle the stress of life anymore and I overdosed on 9 prescription bottles and seven dayquil tablets. Somehow, unknown to me, the spirits decided that it wasn't my time to leave this life.

My period stopped after that, I have had occasional spotting here and there but nowhere near the amount of blood that usually is there.

In honest opinions could my overdose have affected my period?

I have a history of eating disorders and had gone two months without a period due to malnutrition, but that was well over a year ago and now, well let's just say I'm not starving anymore.

Please keep your opinion on suicide to yourself, this was nowhere near my first attempt and over the years have heard so many opinions of what I've tried to do that I just can't hear it anymore.

On a side note (don't know if this would be relevant or not) -
I woke up the next morning very bruised, especially my face and back of head, and had cuts on my elbows and knees that I couldn't even begin to explain. I must have decided to leave my room in my distorted mind, and couldn't walk.

Replies

• Micahroni84
    Micahroni84 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    You should be talking to a doctor and a therapist about this. I dont think any one on this board is qualified to help you.
  • tatyajansen
    tatyajansen Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    If you overdosed you really need to go to your doctor. You have no way of know what could be going on with your body because of it and the doctor can make sure you're ok.
  • jzammetti
    jzammetti Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    are you pregnant?
  • supermodelchic
    supermodelchic Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Not a doctor, but the amount of stress your under may have caused you to stop bleeding..I'd take it as a blessing that you'll get a break from :flowerforyou: it, have you talked to a doctor about going on the pill that keeps you from getting a period at all, my girlfriend has to take them for that reason.
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    You should be talking to a doctor and a therapist about this. I dont think any one on this board is qualified to help you.

My thoughts exactly!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    A change in your body's chemistry can definitely affect your hormones. But it's a good idea to talk to your doctor about this.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    This is not a board full of medical professionals. You should be talking to your doctor about these things. Make an appointment.
  • RobinvdM
    RobinvdM Posts: 634 Member
    Options

^^this to the umpteenth power.

You are most definitely asking the wrong people. Go see the person who writes your 'scripts and run this by them. They will give you a qualified answer that you can work with.

Good luck. :flowerforyou:
  • butterflymarks
    butterflymarks Posts: 97 Member
    Options

I agree. There's nothing any of us could really say with any certainty that could do any help.
    Good luck, love
  • Fatandfifty3
    Fatandfifty3 Posts: 419 Member
    Options

hear hear
    I would take a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side
    Chin up kid
    :smile:
  • Stacyplus5
    Options
    Call Doctor, the end~!
  • leenie96
    Options
    This isn't even a question appropriate for this forum. Ask your personal physician.
  • lachesissss
    lachesissss Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options

This.
  • ScrewedShadows
    Options
    I know I need to make a doctor's appointment, I was just wondering if anyone would have any idea... like someone whose been through the same thing.. Thank you to supermodelchi for helping with some more advice then just go to the doctor.
  • Katbody10
    Katbody10 Posts: 369 Member
    Options

I couldn't agree more ..

I'd love to reach out and give you a hug .. but I cannot address the period issue. Before getting to the end where you stated it's changed/stopped .. I was going to recommend maybe consider visiting your doctor and getting an IUD.

However .. that's a personal choice obviously.. Good luck sweetie .. :flowerforyou:
  • jbeverly21176
    Options
    The stress your body is going through could have thrown it off. Like the rest have said I think your question should be answered by a medical expert. Hope things get better for you. :smile:
  • jincurry89
    Options
    Of course doctor as you know.

However, in my opinion, I don't think the overdose is related. As someone else said, it's more likely to be stress-related.

If you think about it though, what would have been in what you overdosed on that would mess with the hormones that affect your period? I don't THINK there's anything, but of course I could be wrong.

I've overdosed before and it didn't affect my period. Everyone's different though.
  • V79F
    V79F Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    A lot of things can influence when you ovulate and postpone it, not only stress, but medication (sudden crazy amounts like OD-ing) could also cause your body to delay ovulation. When you ovulate late, your period comes late. If your ovulation keeps being postponed because you do stuff to your body (stress, meds, over-exertion, whatever) it can be postponed a long long time. Eventually your body will reset itself and have you bleed without having ovulated, but that could take a long time.

I'm not a doctor though, and I don't know what exactly is going on with your body. The only one who can definitely tell you why you're not bleeding, is probably an OB/GYN. (or at least a doctor.)

Please do call your doctor though. You obviously need someone to help you.
  • nagniho
    nagniho Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi There!

We are here for support.....as much as you want, However, like the others have said none of us are Doctors (maybe there are some...) who can really help you with your problem. Please consult with your obgyn. There are so many new remedies that can help you with your PMDD. So sorry that you are going through such a rough time, please take care.
  • ScrewedShadows
    Options
    Thank you everyone. I will be calling first thing tomorrow morning to get an appointment as soon as they can let me in. I appreciate everyone who took the time to listen to my troubles!

Blessed Be