What are the best foods to eat and what to stay away from?

Options
I struggle everyday with what I eat. I find if I eat too much fruit or veggies then I bloat. I love chocolate and I have heard that diet food is no good for you. I get so confused as to what I can eat and what I can't eat. Can someone help me out and point me in the right direction? I want to be down my weight by June 1/13. I know with the hard work I can and will do this.

Replies

• bdcmoran
    bdcmoran Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I like to read Coach Calorie blog - he gives you a list of fat burning foods, etc. I can remember a few but rather for you to read what he has to say - just put Coach Calorie and I think it will take you to him and I think, good advice.
  • Jonesingmucho
    Jonesingmucho Posts: 4,902 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on you, but...

Here are some of the foods that make me feel good, and I have frequently: Berries, Kiwis, Oranges, Apples, Bananas, Walnuts, Almonds, Pistachios, Oatmeal, Brown Rice, Sweet Potato, Broccoli, Spinach, Salmon/Fish, Yogurt, Chicken, Green Beans, Cottage Cheese, Tuna, Beef, Tomatoes, Onions, Peppers, Salad, Asparagus, Cabbage, Califlower, Zucchini, Yellow Squash, and Shellfish

Some things I stay away from because they don't make me feel good: Deep fat fried stuff, really sugary stuff, overprocessed stuff.

Some things I eat that I should stay away from because I have to exercise triple to work them off, (but secretly I would marry them if they were a guy) Brie en croute, crepes Suzette, risotto, vindaloo, nan, paratha, b'steeya, pad Thai, souffle, chips and salsa, beer, wine, liquor/alcohol.