Too many personal attacks lately

Options
Vallandingham
Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
It's unpleasant to read all these personal attacks. It keeps me outta here.

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    Options
    I'm in agreement, it certainly has effected me as well. I'll continue to log my food and workout and perhaps spend a bit of game time but I think I'll steer clear of the message boards in general for a time. Perhaps the negativity doesn't effect everyone the same way, but for me it literally makes me sick to my stomach.

Becca
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    I've been here long enough to have noticed it comes & goes in waves. Stay on the fun threads and ignore the high-drama ones. :smile: The drama queens eventually drift off! :drinker:

*muahaha* :devil:

Good luck on your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • red01angel
    red01angel Posts: 806 Member
    Options
    ...part of the reason I've never posted much on the boards. I deal with enough pettiness in real life; I don't need that here too!
  • jennylynn84
    jennylynn84 Posts: 659
    Options
    I have to agree. I've been reading and just staying out of it, but it's been a hot mess. This group hates that group and that group is offended and hates them back. Y group decides they are offended too....

*sigh*

I liked the more educational and suggestion posts about diet, exercise etc.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    I totally agree ..........the only time i post is welcoming the new people, playing the games and posting on my group... other than that i stay clear and dont post ....
  • MTGirl
    MTGirl Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    MFP seems to go in cycles - you get a barrage of crap, then 3 - 5 days later it settles down again for awhile. Eventually you learn the posts not to click on, for the most part, unless the morbid curiousity gets the best of you. It will settle down again - but I avoid the boards for 2 - 3 days when it starts up usually. :bigsmile:
  • shredder
    shredder Posts: 404
    Options
    I read them in disbelief questioning the age, maturity and sanity of some of the people who have all this time to devote such effort into negativity.
    I'm happy to stay in my little thread where our gang is so couragous and positive...
    There'll always be an audience for slander and accusations...what a pity right?
  • SoldierDad
    SoldierDad Posts: 1,602
    Options
    I believe in posting things that are positive, AND ONLY positive things.
  • veganmommy04
    Options
    i must be blind cause i haven't even noticed any of this negativeness ppl are speaking of
  • jewelinvic
    jewelinvic Posts: 332
    Options

You are totally awesome Ed, thank you for being you :flowerforyou:
  • Shannon023
    Shannon023 Posts: 14,529 Member
    Options
    i must be blind cause i haven't even noticed any of this negativeness ppl are speaking of

Oh yeah!!! wifeteeny.gif

I kid... :embarassed: I kid.....:flowerforyou: I kid..... :laugh:
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    I have to agree with all of you! There does seem to be some negativity on here. The thing people tend to forget is that this is a free site so we all have the right to post whatever we want (the good and bad). Hopefully there will be more postive and uplifting posts! This is the only thing that seems to be working for me so I just accept the fact that we all have opinions and they all differ at times.
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think I am missing something......what's going on? I haven't seen these "negative" posts which I suposse is a good thing!! My posts generally consist of milestones and questions, apparently others are not using the site in that manner, which is terrible! We need to support each other people!!
  • shellee9tj
    shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
    Options

ME EITHER!!!!
  • nsking83
    nsking83 Posts: 145
    Options
    Yes, agreed.

But, like someone said above......the drama queens (and kings, sometimes! :angry: ) eventually move on.

Sometimes, the curiousity gets the best of me, and more often than not, I have to click out of the boards asap or I find myself getting sucked right into it. I'm 26, not 15, and I graduated from high school 8 years ago. I don't want to go back to that crap on this site; it's keeping me going!

The truth is, the small percentage of people that want to create drama and make life miserable for everyone are everywhere....you just have to learn to avoid them. In every situation, you just need to learn to ignore them, and they'll go away :laugh:
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    Options
    I am all for controversial debate...grains vs no grains, fat or not fat, eat your excercise calories or don't, starvation mode: myth or fact, but some people just get really defensive!!!

I agree that I don't need the drama but I do appreciate the information. Even if I do not agree or I am not ready to take that plunge, I still enjoy learning about all that is out there.

D
  • emilyfh
    emilyfh Posts: 291 Member
    Options
    Thank goodness I have only read the positive coments, but I also do not read them all either. If here are cruel people here that have to be inmature or it makes them think they are "Better" this only makes them the total opposite. Instead of letting it bother me, there the ones who probley dont like there image and take it out on others "INMATURE KIDS lol time to grow up"
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options

I know that I personally benefit from your positive posts. Especially your Friday shout-outs of love.
    I think that the best thing to do when people start attacking is to realize that they must just be hungry :wink: . The problem with public forums is how easy and cowardly it is to attack someone online. Integrity to me is treating people the same no matter where you are. Negative words said in person are eventually forgotten, but online attacks are forever.

I have to say that there have been FAR more positive posts that uplift me, than posts that affect me negatively. I try not to get sucked into the negativity, and let it affect me visiting forums(I'm human). I hope they don't keep you away. :flowerforyou:
  • ChiWaWaMaMa4
    Options
    Thankfully I have not ran across any nasty posts. Everything I have read has been encouraging & uplifting!! I hope to surround myself w/ these kinda people in real life and online!! So let's keep it fun & positive!! Just type w/ a smile!! LMAO!!! Happy Monday!!!
  • MyDream
    MyDream Posts: 72
    Options
    I totally agree that the postings should be positive and there should be no personal attacks and so on. I recently re-joined about 3 wks ago and loved the positive vibe, until this week, I was blown away by the negativity, it kind of through me for a loop b/c up until then, everything was so positive.

Who needs that stuff anyway!

Luck to you all, and keep on keepin' on!

:flowerforyou: