Cardi and Weights but not losing. HELP

Options
Help! I have been lifting weights 3 times a week and 1 hour of Cardio everyday and I have not lost 1 pound. I am on a high protein diet with compex carbs. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options
    How long?
    Have you taken measurements and or photos?
    If not, have your clothes changed in fit?
  • dstromley1
    Options
    IF your not in a caloric deficit you will not lose any weight, recheck your diet
  • Yogi_Carl
    Yogi_Carl Posts: 1,906 Member
    Options
    eating too much or gaining muscle?
  • missingmercury
    Options
    One definite thing I have learned is the importance of measuring as well as weighing, even if it is just taking notice of how your clothes fit. 1lb of fat is at least twice the size of a 1lb of muscle.
  • 10kaday
    10kaday Posts: 177
    Options
    Do you have your profile setup correctly? If you have a desk job, you need to keep it at sedentary, and you need to set it to lose 1 or 2 lba or so a week. It should be a gradual process. Next, log all your activities --and then make sure you EAT within a hundred calories of what MFP says you should eat. Don't skip your exercise calories. Contrary to how it may seem, you do need to eat, but you don't want to be to far under what MFP says. If you do that, your body can fight against you and losing weight is more difficult. Next --drink lots of water. Oh... and try to increase what you eat to more healthy food. You can eat about twice as much if you eat good things.
  • Jenibynes
    Jenibynes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Actually, you might be not getting ENOUGH calories. You should check to make sure you're not going below 1000... maybe even 1200. I had a plateau where I wasn't losing AT ALL for 3 months. Running my butt off and not dropping a pound. I started logging everything into MFP. Found out I was only getting like 800 net calories a day. I started adding peanut butter to my protein shake (2 tbsp) and low fat yogurt instead of fat free. BOOM... started dropping weight again. Good luck!
    Jeni
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    Creating too much cortisol by doing too much cardio?
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    What's cortisol? What do you mean?
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options

Cortisol is a stress hormone and will inhibit weight loss. If one get's too much strenuous exercise and not enough rest time, there will be too much cortisol in thier system and that will inhibit weight loss. IMHO, running for an hour everyday and doing strength training 3 times per week is too much.

The lifiting 3 times is fine. There is no reason, that I can think of, to run for an hour every day unless you are race training. If that's the case, you would still be varying your training runs and not be doing an hours worth, 4 to 5 miles, each day. You'd have shorter days and longer distance runs and a rest day or 2. You also would cut back on the weight training. It's looks to me like the OP is overtraining and not allowing the body enough rest and recovery time. That could very well increase cortisol.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    Options

Cortisol is a stress hormone and will inhibit weight loss. If one get's too much strenuous exercise and not enough rest time, there will be too much cortisol in thier system and that will inhibit weight loss. IMHO, running for an hour everyday and doing strength training 3 times per week is too much.

The lifiting 3 times is fine. There is no reason, that I can think of, to run for an hour every day unless you are race training. If that's the case, you would still be varying your training runs and not be doing an hours worth, 4 to 5 miles, each day. You'd have shorter days and longer distance runs and a rest day or 2. You also would cut back on the weight training. It's looks to me like the OP is overtraining and not allowing the body enough rest and recovery time. That could very well increase cortisol.

Paired with a big calorie deficit is also problematic.
    A good read on the matter
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options

Paired with a big calorie deficit is also problematic.
    A good read on the matter
    http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/why-big-caloric-deficits-and-lots-of-activity-can-hurt-fat-loss.html
    AAAAHHH Thank you for this site. Im gonna check it out right now.