21 lbs and Counting! (pics)

Options
mncmom3
mncmom3 Posts: 42 Member
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to share my story in hopes that I can inspire at least one person on the verge of giving up to keep going! My name is Sarah, stay-at-home mom of three (ages 5,3 & 1). I have been overweight since I was about 13 yrs old. I started researching gastric bypass in November 2012 because I thought it was the only way I could ever lose weight since I had tried every diet in the book before this one. I went to 2 seminars, contacted my insurance and got approval based on my BMI. Around Christmas, weighing 247, I decided that I would try one more time before going in for my counsult at the bariatric clinic. I got through the holidays and decided that starting January 1st I would kick off my own program. I met with a dietitian at another clinic and he thought I could do it without the surgery.

Here are my guidelines:
No Soda
At least 8 glasses of water a day
Log food every day- be accountable, no matter what I ate
I try to eat between 1300-1500 cals/ day

I started logging everything on January 2nd, 2013 (weighing 245) since I was out of town through the 1st. I changed my eating habits to include lots of lean protein, healthy carbs like whole grains and fresh fruit, and moderate exercise at least 3 times a week. I am not perfect, I have my tough days like everyone else. I am learning though, that as long as I am consistent and persistent- I can do this!
Please don’t mind the lack of makeup in these pics
The first set is @ 247 on New Years Eve

9b0fd581-3cd3-4d65-bc9e-c31983a6c257_zpsda1a0893.jpg

07c0593c-eb56-4ade-831f-9abbc3ba51c0_zpsf17ee904.jpg

This set was taken today @ 226
6c529185-966f-4d53-803a-e0b61910755e_zpsacc63e70.jpg
1dbe00a1-6b80-4f59-9af7-e9467664453b_zps0b95d89f.jpg

I have lost lots of inches too!
Neck -1.5”
Waist -9.2”
Hips -8
Bust -4
Right Arm -3
Right thigh -6.5
Total= -32.2 inches
I started out in a size 22 jeans and today I am a 18! I know I have a long ways to go but I just thought I would share my mini-milestone. I hope this will encourage people to keep going because this IS possible and you CAN do it!

~MNCMOM3

Replies

• MichelleZannone
    Options
    Wow what an amazing difference already. Congrats to you on your way to a whole new life and wardrobe. Keep up the awesome work.:flowerforyou:
  • Saritamac25
    Saritamac25 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Great results and an inspiring story! Keep going, you look great!
  • aj445
    aj445 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Wow! Awesome Job!
  • Trav2013
    Options
    Can really see it in your face! Great job!
  • Chelle9094
    Chelle9094 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Amazing how much difference 20pds makes. And in such a short time frame. Congrats! You are well on your way. Very exciting!
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    Very encouraging! Amazing how much difference 20pds makes. And in such a short time frame. Congrats! You are well on your way. Very exciting!
    Couldn't have said it better, or as the kool kids say QFT... Quoted For Truth

Keep up the great work and post again later!
  • rejordan
    rejordan Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm so glad you tried again on your own! Please don't give up! You are doing a great job!
  • Sharrybabe
    Options
    Oh wow..Am so motivated by you.Keep it up
  • sameoldbrandnewme
    sameoldbrandnewme Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Well done chicky! your getting there, massive improvement already x
  • Jomalone2
    Jomalone2 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • jimmyalice1984
    jimmyalice1984 Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I can see the difference and you have done a brilliant job, you look healthier already :smile: Don't stop and please keep showing your progress to us all
  • ripemango
    ripemango Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    doing great. u r such a cutie!!!

i can really tell a difference in your stomach.
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    WOW! I am so jealous! I've lost the same amount and I haven't lost any sizes at all. Congrats to you!
  • HandyASH
    HandyASH Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great Job MNCMOM3!!!
    Thank you for all the support that you have provided me!
    We can do it!!!
  • Tiffers1759
    Tiffers1759 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Look at you Sarah!! Posting in the success stories. So proud of you. You are looking so good....keep up the great work!! You motivate me!!
  • chiselfuture
    chiselfuture Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Nice work! I can tell you've already made strides in just a little over a month!
  • fausto412
    fausto412 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    keep it up! Let's stay on this and see what we look like for new years 2013:)
  • aggiepina
    aggiepina Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Your hard work and dedication is paying off. If I find myself struggling this week I'll keep your dedication in mind. :) Thank you for sharing your story.
  • suz2411
    Options
    Well done! Thankyou for posting your photos :smile: It's photos and stories of hope and encouragement that keep me moving forward! Keep up the fantastic work...Your a star! x
  • agreer2
    Options
    Great job!!! you look amazing:)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!