Online Work-Out Videos - musically frustrated

Options
Hey guys,

I'm turning to the seemingly infinite resource of the myfitnesspal people for some ideas...

I thought it might be fun to add some fitness classes to my excercise options and have been looking for online videos (YouTube primarly) that I could follow. There's a fair bit to choose from, but my greatest frustration is that no one seems to be using oldies, rock and roll, disco, motown or other such classic dance music to choreograph their videos.

Frustrating, since I really can't get motivated by modern dance music. If I wanna get into a groove and get enthusiastic about doing this sort of fitness, I need music that makes me happy and hip-hop isn't one of the options. I see that some instructors are using more latin, ballroom or belly-dance approaches too and these just aren't doing it for me!

If I wanna "march it out" I wanna do it to C'mon Eileen! If I wanna "jump back" why isn't Old Time Rock and Roll blasting in the background? And what better music to encourage "hip rolls" then a little Bee Gees?

Anyone have any suggestions for me?

Thanks in advance!

Replies

• Jenibynes
    Jenibynes Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Ha!! I know EXACTLY what you mean!! I turn down the music and play my own on itunes while watching the videos. I do the same thing with my beachbody videos! LOL Richard Simmons was doing it right when he was "Sweatin' to the Oldies!"
  • vlvaldes
    vlvaldes Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of the music to a workout video that I like, I just put the tv/laptop on mute, and listen to my favorite mix cd in the boombox or tunes on my MP3. I get a good workout that I like, with different music to distract my brain from the pain or discomfort. :-)