So nice to hear!!

shellee9tj
shellee9tj Posts: 221 Member
edited September 20 in Success Stories
So along my journey here I have kind of felt like my husband (of all ppl!) wasn't really sharing my enthusiasm for my weight loss, however.........recently a friend of mine toild me she ran into him the other day and he couldn't stop talking about how great I looked and what a wonderful job I have been doing with my diet and exercise. WOW! He really does support me, if only he would tell ME more often, but nonetheless, it was so nice to hear!! :)

Replies

• HealthyChanges2010
    HealthyChanges2010 Posts: 5,831 Member
    So along my journey here I have kind of felt like my husband (of all ppl!) wasn't really sharing my enthusiasm for my weight loss, however.........recently a friend of mine toild me she ran into him the other day and he couldn't stop talking about how great I looked and what a wonderful job I have been doing with my diet and exercise. WOW! He really does support me, if only he would tell ME more often, but nonetheless, it was so nice to hear!! :)
    aww that's wonderful!! Bet that felt great to hear:flowerforyou: Wonder if he figures you already know he feels that way, dunno maybe that's why he's not said anything to you. Sometimes ppl have a hard time saying something to the person direct. But hey I think he should at least try as it would mean so much to hear it straight from him I bet:wink:

Becca:flowerforyou:
  • cbirdso
    cbirdso Posts: 465 Member
    It could be he loves YOU and not what weight you are (while secretly admiring your progress).
  • RedneckWmn
    RedneckWmn Posts: 3,202 Member
    I think a lot of people are afraid to say something. I recently saw family I haven't seen in years and nobody wanted to comment directly to me how great I looked. Everybody went to my Mom and told them how amazing I looked and how they are all so proud. Ummm..hello...I like to hear these things! :laugh: It's still great to hear it through the grapevine. Keep up the hard work. :flowerforyou:
  • ron2282
    ron2282 Posts: 2,760 Member
    that's great!!! :smile: :smile:

If he's anything like my husband he's probably not saying anything directly to you, because he's afraid he might offend you. It took a while before mine would really talk to me or make comments about my weight loss. He didn't want to upset me or have me take it the wrong way.
  • mommamills
    mommamills Posts: 437
    I agree with ron2282......mine is the same way! He supports me but is not quite as enthusiastic as I am, actually I think he gets a lil annoyed with my enthusiasm. lol Congrats on your progress and give him a big kiss for noticing! :wink:
  • I think men are always afraid to say the wrong thing so they say nothing at all...which is worse! Perhaps if he gushes to you how great you look now then he is afraid you may take it as "What,l I didn't look great to you before?" Ah, men! No offense guys! We luv ya! Great job and keep up the good work! Maybe we can have a Plymouth reunion and share our success!
  • shellee9tj
    I agree with ron2282......mine is the same way! He supports me but is not quite as enthusiastic as I am, actually I think he gets a lil annoyed with my enthusiasm. lol Congrats on your progress and give him a big kiss for noticing! :wink:

You are probably right on the annoyance with my enthusiam, hee hee.....I can't help it, I am excited to be healthy!!
  • shellee9tj
    I think men are always afraid to say the wrong thing so they say nothing at all...which is worse! Perhaps if he gushes to you how great you look now then he is afraid you may take it as "What,l I didn't look great to you before?" Ah, men! No offense guys! We luv ya! Great job and keep up the good work! Maybe we can have a Plymouth reunion and share our success!
    [/quote

YAY! Plymouth reunion sounds fun!!
  • mamagooskie
    mamagooskie Posts: 2,964 Member
    that is nice!! my hubby is the same way though.....very quiet about these kinds of things.
  • Junisahn
    Junisahn Posts: 166 Member
    I think a lot of people are afraid to say something. I recently saw family I haven't seen in years and nobody wanted to comment directly to me how great I looked. Everybody went to my Mom and told them how amazing I looked and how they are all so proud. Ummm..hello...I like to hear these things! :laugh: It's still great to hear it through the grapevine. Keep up the hard work. :flowerforyou:

I agree with this... I know I had tons of people tell me how fantastic I looked a few years ago after I lost about 20-25 lbs, and I think because of the way I lost it (I was having really bad issues in my life - the weight loss was not deliberate, but was welcome after I got my life back together), and I remember thinking - what, did I look like crap before? So I think people do tend to be sensitive about telling the actual person that they look great after weight loss, because they're afraid of making that person think that they didn't look good heavier.

And while I agree, it would be great for our hubbies to open their mouths every now and then and give a well-deserved compliment, maybe he didn't want you to think that you didn't used to be just as beautiful...

Congrats on your weight loss!
  • DeeDeeLHF
    DeeDeeLHF Posts: 2,301 Member
    My husband is enjoying the new me but he loved me before too. I think also the fear is that if I gain weight again then I will be insecure about how he is feeling. They are between a rock and a hard place on this one!

D
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!