BORED WITH WINTER!!!

Options
I'm SO bored of this horrible cold snowy icey crappy weather!!! I feel so cooped up and depressed about it! I've been doing my best with the indoor workouts I can do, but I feel such a strong longing to be able to go outside and walk in the woods and ride a bike and roller blade and jump rope and swim! When the weather turns warmer, I want to start working on actually running, too. What's your favorite outdoor exercise? Any suggestions?

Replies

• jesseischens1
    Options
    If you have any parks near you, check to see if they have XC skiing! It takes little experience and the calories you burn are considerable. I actually LOVE winter cuz it is so much easier to loose weight due to XC skiing! Good luck!
  • zumbarock
    zumbarock Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    I bought snowshoes this winter, LOVE it!! so much fun and one heck of a work out!!!
  • GetHotIn2014
    GetHotIn2014 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    If you have any parks near you, check to see if they have XC skiing! It takes little experience and the calories you burn are considerable. I actually LOVE winter cuz it is so much easier to loose weight due to XC skiing! Good luck!

Hmm. Sounds like something I could try, but I'd rather avoid the cold altogether. I seem to get cold easier now with less insulation! lol
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    I bought snowshoes this winter, LOVE it!! so much fun and one heck of a work out!!!

I tried snow shoeing once on a field trip in middle school and it was fun! Again, though, I just can't make myself want to go out and do exercise when it's this cold. lol
  • JenSD6
    JenSD6 Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    Cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, tobogganing, ice skating, snowball fights, chase the dog through the snow drifts, shovel the neighbour's drive... get on the long underwear and get outside! :smile:
  • GetHotIn2014
    Options
    I do appreciate everyone's responses but what I really meant was what are some spring/summer excercise ideas? lol
  • juliec33
    juliec33 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I live in TX so it's almost always spring or summer here. Thank God we only get a few weeks of real winter a year. I loathe cold weather. Running on a beautiful warm and sunny day is wonderful. Getting out and just walking is great too. I also do a bootcamp three times a week. It's outside unless its raining, below 40 degrees (cause that is freakin cold for us) or over 100 degrees. I love being outside for that. It's like recess for adults :smile:
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options

Hmm. Sounds like something I could try, but I'd rather avoid the cold altogether. I seem to get cold easier now with less insulation! lol
    So put on warmer clothes. Cold is not an excuse. I spent the first half of the winter in Finland, and kept running even when the wind chills were -20 to -30F.
  • Lakerlady5747
    Lakerlady5747 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Since you said you wanted some warm weather exercises: biking, brisk walking/running, hiking, rollerblading, swimming, etc.

Also, like others have said, even during the colder weather, try to make the most out of it. You can go ice skating, cross country skiing, snow shoeing, etc. To try out these activities, don't just think about them as "exercise." Call up some friends and see if they want to do any of these activities. Sometimes it actually helps to get outside and do something even when it is colder.