Working out hungover?

Options
I feel like crap. If I went to the gym and tried to work out, would I feel better for it in the end?

Is it possible I'll ralph all over the place?

Replies

• Piper911
    Piper911 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Ugh I couldn't do it. And throwing up in public is super embarrassing. I would just take it easy and try to rehydrate!
  • SweetestHoney
    SweetestHoney Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I get hungover easily and have had some of the worst. I highly recommend getting as much rest as possible and fluids if you can hold them down.
  • Laurenmp16
    Laurenmp16 Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    I always feel a hundred times better after going to the gym when I'm hungover. I do the eliptical to sweat all the nasty stuff without bouncing all over the place. It's a hard first 10-15 minutes, but then you'll be good.
  • KidP
    KidP Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    My personal philosophy: if you do the crime, you do the time. Workout!
  • KahalaGal
    KahalaGal Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I agree. Sweat it out.
  • rjmudlax13
    rjmudlax13 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    Working out releases endorphins which are natural pain killers. So, working out can cure the headache and maybe even nausea, but you still will be exhausted. So workout then take a nap :)
  • alexisu96
    alexisu96 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Going tomthe gym or doing a class for me would be a horror. But I have noticed doing a brisk walk or light jog in the fresh air does wonders. There might be a point to getting the body to sweat out the bad.
  • slcostel
    slcostel Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    My personal philosophy: if you do the crime, you do the time. Workout!

Okay, so I went to the gym after all. I said this in my head every time I wanted to quit. But I toughed it out (and smelt SO bad--I forgot alcohol sweat is just nasty) and I even took my pooch on a long walk after.

Still not feeling 100% but feeling WAY better than I did this morning :blushing: