2 straight days of binging.

Options
For the last two days, Ive let myself go.
I ate everything unhealthy in the kitchen, all at once. I keep telling myself to get back on track the next day, but it never works. Will I gain all my weight back after eating 10000 calories the last two days? How can I get motivated again?

Replies

• amtrust
    amtrust Posts: 178
    Options
    You can always begin again....now. You can always do better than yesterday....or five minutes ago. Don't let it get you down. You CAN do it. :heart:
  • lilchino4af
    lilchino4af Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Did I read that right? 10,000?? Or 1,000? 10,000 calories = 2.8 lbs whereas 1,000 = 0.3 lbs. Either way, eat healthy, exercise and don't worry about it. I went over by 500 calories 2 days in a row, to find myself full and not wanting to eat on the third day, even after exercising (ended up with 700 calories left over). So my two overage days were canceled out by my underage day :laugh: . It'll all even out in the end. Just start fresh tomorrow and don't worry about. Think about it this way: eating like that probably shocked your system, jumpstarting your metabolism so it'll probably end up helping. Just don't do it too often :wink:
  • jszevery
    jszevery Posts: 17
    Options
    Are you in school? Finals? Stressed out about anything? First, you must figure out why you are eating everything in sight. Binging is a very emotional thing. Why do you suddenly not care if you gain your weight back?

Next, you must forgive yourself. Weight loss is NOT an all or nothing commitment. Just because the last couple of days were not great, doesn't mean the two whole weeks before that did nothing for you. the first 10 pounds are the toughest to lose, look how well you are doing.

Go for a walk, right now! And do not listen to music, have a talk with yourself instead. And figure out what you are going to do instead, tomorrow.

And since the kitchen is now empty, after your walk, go to the grocery store, and restock with healthy snacks.

You can do it. I know you can!
  • iammegs
    iammegs Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    The best thing for yourself (I found after my birthday) is to simply log it all in for the appropriate days - that way you'll have it to remember for next time, and it may also make you feel more at ease at the end. Just click "Complete This Entry" when you're done, and it'll tell you what the effect would be.

Everyone makes mistakes now and then - otherwise most of us wouldn't be on this site! - so just let yourself know that one or two days of "mistake" are much better than the additional total mistake time you would have if you weren't trying at all. :smile:
  • jjstokes
    jjstokes Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You may not be old enough to remember a corny saying...but true...Today is the first day of the rest of your life! :flowerforyou:
  • mythicals
    mythicals Posts: 70
    Options
    Yep, you read that right. Around 5000 calories a day of junk food.
    I think it may be because I'm depriving myself too much. Could 1200 calories be too few for me?
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Yep, you read that right. Around 5000 calories a day of junk food.
    I think it may be because I'm depriving myself too much. Could 1200 calories be too few for me?
    It could be. Did you check to see what your bmi? was? Usualy you set it a bit lower than what the site tells you, and you should also eat workout calories. :)