Tiredness

Options
Hi there ! my name is Alison and would like to know if anyone has been the same ? I am 46 and over the last few months have been feeling very tired ! I have had three lots of bloods done (6 at a time) and all came back as normal apart from my plasma viscosity (blood that is sticky)! It has been 1.86, 1.89 and the last was down to 1.79 ! To cut a long story short , would doing a lot of exercise (and losing weight ) make me feel less tired ?

Replies

• damienhyatt31
    damienhyatt31 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Exercise fights fatigue. So long as your eating the right foods. There is no reason not to exercise and lose weight. There are so many positive things that come from it. Just don't overdo it and you will be fine. Good luck to you.
  • twelveten
    Options
    Thanks damienhyatt31 . I think I have just been too lazy over the last few months !
  • shandi_b
    shandi_b Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm the same...I've had pretty much every test under the sun in the past 6 months, at one stage I had an elevated ESR but once that went back under into a normal range and was still tired.....I just got told to lose weight and try to get more sleep. I have increased my exercise in the last two months and it has helped a little, other days I struggle to get through the day. I am hoping that the more weight I lose the more I can do with exercise (would love to complete c25k) and ultimately feel less tired. I also have been trying extra hard to get 5 serves of veggies each day and have added kelp tablets to my multivitamin that I take every day. (I know there are mixed opinions on vitamins but I feel they are of benefit to me).
    I hope ou get some energy back soon. :)
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Pick up a weight that weighs how much you need to lose and you will soon see the load that you are carrying around ALL THE TIME! It's probably why you are exhausted. You don't need to do a lot of exercise, just a 30 brisk walk most days will get your weight down. Have you been restricting calories a lot before you got so tired or are you just starting to count calories now?

Another thing is you are the same age as me and peri-menopause or menopause will be something to consider. it can affect us in lots of ways.
  • twelveten
    Options
    Does anyone know where I can get a 115lb weght to lift ! I was never told I had to lose weight by my doctor - after all my tests ! I know I need to lose at least the 115 lb but It is getting the energy in the first place to do it ! I have been told by some doctors not to have a sleep at all till bed at nighttime , so what am I to do ? I obviously am needing the sleep ????
  • tjl2329
    tjl2329 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    I have diabetes and it seems like I am always tired. I try to exercise and am eating better. I have lost Weight and don't feel as sick. My sugars excellent now. In only 3.5 months. Honestly some days I am just too worn out to exercise. I listen to my body and do the best I can. Weight loss isn't over night. I use to always be sick and could hardly get out of bed. The better I eat and the more I exercise the better I eat. Just need to work on the more sleep thing. I also started taking a Multics vitamin. Start out slow and work your way up. Ten minutes of walking. You can do it.