Looking for a C25K buddy....

Options
If your starting the C25K and want some encouragement and accountability we can do this together.

Replies

• llstrength
    llstrength Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I just started today! I would love a buddy for encouragement and accountability!
  • ChocoCheeseaholic
    ChocoCheeseaholic Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I recently finished and would be happy to answer any questions you might have along the way!

The biggest challenge I had was forcing myself to slow down. I had it in my head that anything slower than 6mph was too slow and tried for a few months on my own to run 5k's consistently without much success. I finally decided to stop letting my pride get the best of me, slowed down to 5.7mph (really, it's only 30s slower... who cares!!!), and started the program. I started around week 4 or 5 since I was already running a bit, but did stick to the plan otherwise. One month later and I'm consistently running 3+ miles and by adding some interval training I even managed to increase my pace!

So yeah.. go slower than you think you should! You will build a base so much faster this way. The speed will come, I promise!
  • wlbauman
    wlbauman Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I would love to have some buddies...I am on Week 5 but have had to stop this past week due to a minor surgery...hope to be back into it this week (if nothing else but walking).
    Can we friend each other...
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    tomorrow is week 3 day 1 for me, add me if you like :smile: