30 Day Shred.....support

Options
Yesterday was my first day of using the 30 day shred....every muscle in my body aches so much....my question today is how in the world do I push myself in to doing my second day today??? I'm not sure if my body is going to work with me.....HELP PLEASE

Replies

• emchip1983
    Options
    it gets a lot easier, the first time is a killer but as you go on it gets better. when i first did the first level i couldnt even do the jump rope and jumping jacks but after the 4th day i could do it all the way through. i also found puting it on mute and putting my own music on better to get me through it. hope this helps. i didnt get to level two, but i started again this morning and im really going to try and do it all now.
  • lioness0806
    lioness0806 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    I know how you feel. Though not doing 30 day shred, I did do her cardio workout yesterday and I'm sore and stiff all over. I was contemplating trying to get all the way through the 45 minute video today (only made it half way yesterday). But, after reading your post I'm definately going to. Together we can do it!!
  • PattyJane167
    PattyJane167 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    Oh my, yeah the first day and the 2nd is a killer!! But it does get easier!! I agree with the other post, muting the tv and putting on your won tunes helps alot!!
  • tinydancer4
    tinydancer4 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    Definitely agree with the above poster - once you've done it once or twice and have got the hang of the moves, try putting your own music on, it's much more motivating.

Also what size weights are you using? After the first couple of days I went down to a lower weight - I felt a bit guilty at first but then I realised that it was much better to use a lower weight, get through the whole workout and stick with it than to push myself and then drop out because it was too difficult!
  • buildingdreams
    buildingdreams Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    It gets better. im on level 3 day 8 and I personally love this level the best!!
  • mooglysmom
    mooglysmom Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    You have to push through it, it does get better, while you're sore it is better to get up and do it. You will regret not doing it! After the third day you'll start to feel better.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    If you are so sore that it hurts to move without moaning and groaning, and you have a hard time going from sitting to standing and vice versa, take a day off! The first day of that workout is rough on the body, especially if you're just starting out with exercise. Personally, I took three days off after my first day of 30DS because I was so stinkin' sore. I pushed too hard, wasn't used to using weights - I kept telling hubby that if the house caught fire he'd have to carry me out because I'd never be able to move fast enough to escape. :tongue:

If you're not THAT sore, maybe go for a walk to try to loosen up a little bit, and give the workout a try, but don't push too hard - your muscles need time to heal, and as you progress, as others have said, it will get better, and you will get stronger. :smile:
  • 62clpowell
    62clpowell Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support...ok I can do this day 2 today....I'm only using 2lb wieghts if I had one pounders trust me I'd be using them...lol

I will try to use my on music to the dvd also thanks so much for you comments, help & support

Have a great day!!! :smile:
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    lmao this is just how I feel I too my husband that if I was being robbed and was told to put my arms up or I'll shoot....sorry they would just have to shoot me :tongue:
  • sjrrm
    sjrrm Posts: 4
    Options
    Each day of the 30 Day Shred gets easier and easier. The worst part is the thinking about doing it again, I promise :). The results are definitely worth it!
  • LisaGirlfriend
    LisaGirlfriend Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    As others say, it gets easier. Just take it one day at a time and take a rest day when you need it. It took me 37 days to do all 30 with a couple of rest days and other workouts in there as well. Stick with your 2 1b weights and do Anita's modified version as you need to. Level 2 is hard but don't worry about that... just get through it. I had great success with 30 DS - 3.5 1bs lost and 4 " gone!! I'm now on to Ripped in 30 which is harder than 30 DS.

There's a 30 DS group forum on MFP. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/134-30-day-shred You just have to join the group.

There's a daily check in area and lots of discussion with people doing it right now. Great support. Good luck.
  • trb85
    trb85 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your support...ok I can do this day 2 today....I'm only using 2lb wieghts if I had one pounders trust me I'd be using them...lol

I will try to use my on music to the dvd also thanks so much for you comments, help & support

Have a great day!!! :smile:

I restarted 30DS this week. I have 3lb and 5lb weights, which I didn't want to use. So I grabbed two big water bottles and used those as weights. I've heard of people using soup cans, too. They give you a little weight without being too much when you're just starting out.
  • KayteeB07
    Options
    I feel your pain hunny
    I have to use soup cans as weights lol and follow Anita all the way but push myself when I can. For example, on circuit two I do the oblique twists and the jumping skaters. But I'm so tired by the second lot of skaters I do the step touch :)
    I got into level 1 quite quickly but I'm really struggling with level 2, I'm on day 6 after taking two rest days so far
  • 62clpowell
    Options
    I feel your pain hunny
    I have to use soup cans as weights lol and follow Anita all the way but push myself when I can. For example, on circuit two I do the oblique twists and the jumping skaters. But I'm so tired by the second lot of skaters I do the step touch :)
    I got into level 1 quite quickly but I'm really struggling with level 2, I'm on day 6 after taking two rest days so far

I just finished day 2 thank you everyone for the great push you gave!!! :tongue:
  • BGM325
    BGM325 Posts: 78
    Options
    it gets a lot easier, the first time is a killer but as you go on it gets better. when i first did the first level i couldnt even do the jump rope and jumping jacks but after the 4th day i could do it all the way through. i also found puting it on mute and putting my own music on better to get me through it. hope this helps. i didnt get to level two, but i started again this morning and im really going to try and do it all now.

Adding your own music is a great idea. I am pretty sure that by day 4 Jillian is going to get annoying. I found her motivational today but it was my first day. Ha ha! Good luck on continuing 30DS! :)
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Do the best you can! It took me until between day 4 or 6 until I didn't feel sore EVERYWHERE! Push through it as best you can. I completed it in 37 days, so I took 7 days off in there at random spots when I needed a day of rest. Listen to your body, but also PUSH yourself. :happy: