Last 10 pounds

Options
Hi Everyone!! I have about 10 pounds to go and have noticed that it is taking forever to come off. I have 4 pounds to my initial goal of 150...Oh I hope I get there!!! What have some of you done to lose your last 10 pounds? This week I am trying to trick my body and not really exercising...although tonite I am going to the gym for an hour cardio workout. Please help. I am frustrated but I do know that it is part of the process.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    The last 10 pounds is what really tried me. It took a lot of time and persistence. Don't worry you will get there.

I increased my exercise, changed my goal to 1 lb per week and ate all my exercise calories. Otherwise I would gain weight.

Good Luck.
  • cherie2304
    cherie2304 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    Yeah today I changed my goal to half a pound a week. Hopefully that will help. I am at 1480 calories with the half a pound. When my goal was set to 1 pound a week I was set at 1360. Thanks for your advice...by the way you look great!
  • kingnatalie
    kingnatalie Posts: 163
    Options
    I am almost in the same spot as you, and recently changed my goal of 1 pounds a week to .5 pounds a week as well.
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    Yeah today I changed my goal to half a pound a week. Hopefully that will help. I am at 1480 calories with the half a pound. When my goal was set to 1 pound a week I was set at 1360. Thanks for your advice...by the way you look great!

I hope that works for you. If it doesn't try less calories. It is a number game and sometimes constant fluctuation is what is needed.

Thanks.
  • taylorgirl
    Options
    I was able to take off my last 10 pds by first changing my nutrition and focus on eating foods that help burn fat. Secondly...muscle confusion ... by increasing the # of pds in weights I used. Changed my cardio by doing beach runs in the sand and up and down stairs (steps), lap swim, boxing ect. Before I knew it I finally had reached my goal! Don't stop ... change up on your nutrition and cardio and weights!
  • sunshine79
    sunshine79 Posts: 758 Member
    Options
    I too am in this situation - it's soooooo annoying. I recently started with a personal trainer and he's advised that I eat every 3hrs to speed up my metabolisim. I also have been instructed to increase my daily calorie intake from 1200 to 1350 (apparently my body was in starvation mode!).

Also be sure to drink as much water as you can at least 2 litres a day. Stick with it, you will do it. Add me as a friend as a like and we can share our successes and motivate each other
  • salter3321
    salter3321 Posts: 5
    Options
    What are the foods that burn fat?
  • Chenoachem
    Options
    What are the foods that burn fat?

Things that are high in Vitamin C. Vitamin C helps your body burn food as energy instead of storing it as fat. Low Fat dairy, like yogurt, will help prevent the storage of stomach fat (prevention magazine).

They don't really burn fat, I only know of cardio that does that. But it will help prevent getting new to pile on. Hope that helps.