I feel like I am doing something wrong.

Options
Hi Everyone,

I have been trying to loose weight now for 3 months and I have lost a measly 3 pounds.. I have been sticking to 1200 per day except for my one cheat day a week but I never go over 1500 calories. I work out twice a day and with both workouts I involve cardio. I have noticed I am getting better at running but I am not getting any smaller! It is really starting to frustrate me and I feel like giving up. What else can I do to try to loose this weight?

Replies

• unchainedzulu
    unchainedzulu Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    i've been eating 1200 cal for the last 4 weeks or so. and i've lost 3 kg, even with cheat days and sporadic exercise.

i suggest if you feel that you honestly doing all the right things and you're not being successful, you seek further advice from a Dr or nutritionist.
  • Steph_135
    Steph_135 Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    I like the advice given above. In my personal opinion, maybe eat a little more. It might not motivate you, but I've been losing 10 lbs PER YEAR for the past several years. Yeah, it kinda sucks sometimes, but I've lost a total of 70 lbs since high school!!
  • charismanoodles
    charismanoodles Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    Do you eat back your exercise calories? Also, maybe try eating more! Sounds silly but it can really help you lose more weight. I made no progress for ages on 1200 then went up to 1500 and it came off quicker.
  • Kayleylou89
    Options
    Are you noticing a difference elsewhere? Such as looser fitting clothes? Health improved? Fitness improved?
    Remember, the scales are just 1 way to tell if you are losing weight - its not just about how much weight you lose, remember the inches you are losing by working out, your fitness & stamina!
    Also, eat more calories: Your body may not be functioning well due to malnutrition.
    - If you are worried, please seek medical advice just in case there is an underlying medical problem :)
    Good luck :) x
  • shoshi68
    shoshi68 Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    MFP sets you at a calorie deficit, and you are expected to eat back your exercise calories. I had a peek at your food diary, and you are not eating back your exercise calories. Give that a try for a week or so, and see how you do.
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I have to agree. I ate 1200 for the first 3 months and worked out like a mad woman and was not losing. I now eat around 1550-1900 calories and I lose 1-2 pounds per week. I found out what my BMR was (1550) and I eat back some of my exercise calories. It works and I still get to enjoy my favorite foods! Now its a lifestyle not a diet.
  • heather86RN
    Options
    I have been slowly working on my weight with a 1200 cal diet. I have only lost 10 pounds in the past year. However I have gotten stronger and faster than I used to be. My son found a picture of me from about a year and a half ago and said "Your face looks totally different!" I have been setting more strength goals in my workouts, it has given me motivation to push myself a little more. Don't always rely on your scale for results, set a goal to do something you think you can't do and then work towards that. I was in a wheelchair 3 years ago, and now I can walk a 18 min mile on a treadmill. I plan on getting to a 15 min mile by the end of February. If I can do this, you can do this!:flowerforyou: