Fun burning calories!!

Options
What ways do you burn calories that is more fun and how many do you burn during that time

I'm still looking to find something fun. When I was a teen I loved dancing around, somehow I feel to old and out of shape to do that but it sure was fun.

Replies

• scjl132
    scjl132 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Once a week I go to a Zumba class, although cancelled tonight due to the snow:(. Zumba is fun even though I have no dance coordination/ability whatsoever. Our instructor said that between 500-1000 calories are burned an hour.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    Horseback riding, skating, walking around zoo, landscaping are a few:)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    barbell complexes are fun
  • WFBspantran
    WFBspantran Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I have several female friends who also do Zumba, and I know if you are looking for a program that you could do at home Beachbody.com sells Hip Hop Abs which is based on dancing. The main "instructor" if you will, is Shaun T who also does Insanity.
  • badgranola
    badgranola Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Turbofire is dancey and a great workout!
    I also love the dance central and just dance games for the kinect when i need an extra calorie burn
  • lisalower
    lisalower Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    * An hour on the Wii Fit - doing advanced step and advanced boxing ~ 400 calories (using HRM)
    * Zumba at the gym - around 480 calories (using HRM)
    * jogging outside.

All of these invigorate me and leave me smiling like a crazy woman!
  • chellebublz
    chellebublz Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I think turbo Jam is super fun (also by beachbody) and my fiance loves Just Dance for the xbox360. Wii and Kinect are great for fun fat burning :D
  • lelaspeaks
    lelaspeaks Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Snowshoeing
  • LadyIntrepid
    LadyIntrepid Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Dancing is fun at any age! If nothing else, lock the doors, draw the shades, crank the music, and dance around like a dang fool! I promise. it will be fun!
  • MsJayeKaye
    MsJayeKaye Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I love Jazzercise! You can burn up to 600 calories in an hour :-D
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Dance lessons
    Hula hoop
    Sailing
    Wii games galore
    Hiking
  • swingsintherain
    swingsintherain Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Swing dancing. Swimming. Riding bike (going actual *places*, instead of staring at a wall for half an hour).
  • pamelalk
    pamelalk Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    i hate exercise any exercise, but if i add music, i concentrate on the music and the time seems to flow by
  • betzeross
    betzeross Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I agree with pamelalk - turn on the music and any exercise is more fun! And I believe that you're never too old to have a dance party! :-)
  • mathjulz
    mathjulz Posts: 5,514 Member
    Options
    Just Dance with my kids (on the Wii!)

Snowboarding - but that reminds me how old I am! :laugh:

running with my doggy!
  • juliemouse83
    juliemouse83 Posts: 6,663 Member
    Options
    I strapped on the HRM yesterday just to see what kind of burn I would get playing Wii Sports. I played for an hour - tennis, boxing, and bowling - didn't realize an hour had gone by until I stopped the monitor and found I had burned 305 calories. Today I tried Wii Fit for the first time in two years, did basic step, some jogging and balance games, blew another fast hour and a couple hundred calories. :smile:

It's so much easier when it's fun!

As a post script, I was more sore from Sports today than I have been from 30 DS.

ETA I would rather do an hour playing than 20 minutes with Jillian, lol.
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Cross country running! :happy:
  • crowunruh
    crowunruh Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    I burn about 600 calories with Turbo Fire. Some times more or a little less. Its alot of fun. I have lost 18 inches in 10 weeks and 16 pounds.
  • marias2gaa
    marias2gaa Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Zumba!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • sandobr1
    sandobr1 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    Just got back from roller skating. A rink near to me has an adult skate Sunday nights. I wear my HRM and go for about 300 cals burned, takes about 45 minutes.