New and Need Moral Support!

Options
Hey everybody!

I just started with MFP when I saw the app for my phone. I'm just getting used to it and learning to budget my calories... So I am saying HELLO and hoping that maybe a few people would be willing to be my support system! The people around me in "real" life are not very supportive around weight loss and fitness (I only actually want to lose about 10-15 lbs. but I'm more about starting better habits). My main challenge? Emotional eating and bored snacking! I make sensible meals but then I raid the cupboards at night and totally blow any progress made during the day. Sigh.

So please let me know if you would like to be my MFP friend :-) I don't bite... Unless turn into a zombie. Then no promises.

Oh by the way, I am 28 and female from Canada, and in a relationship (just putting it out there, I am not looking for anything else) ^_^

KUPO!! (Cheers!)
~Moog

Replies

• senoritameow
    Options
    I'll be your friend!!!
  • TastesLikeChicken
    TastesLikeChicken Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Hi Moog,
    I like your pic. Your hair is beautiful.
    I also am an emotional eater and sometimes would be better off going to bed earlier so I would not eat. I really feel like I am getting very motivated to eat a lot more healthy foods. I gave up alcohol 4.5 mos ago. I am trying to eliminate sugar and wheat. The wheat is harder than sugar. My wife is a vegetarian and I was for 5 yrs but wasn't seeing the health benefits I wanted so I went back to the dark side. I'd like to eliminate all processed foods and am making considerable process but I still consume about 20% processed foods. I am finding losing weight more challenging than ever before but I think as the weather improves it will be easier. I am doing some biking to work and planning to start running home at least one day/wk. It is about 16k.

Good luck on your journey. If we can control what goes on between our two ears we can do almost anything.
    Best regards,
    Dave
  • senoritameow
    Options
    I am not an emotional eater because when I'm sad the last thing I want to do is eat but I am also a vegetarian but for the sake of I'm only 14 I do eat chicken turkey and seafood but I would totally recommend it because it def gives me more energy