I need to be held accountable!

Options
Hi!

I am looking for fitness/healthy eating buddies to keep me on track and hold me accountable. I know what I want, I want to do it, but I fully admit I get easily discouraged. In fact, I am writing this now because I fell off the wagon today and need help! :)

If I can't see or feel a change in body, I'm ready to give up. It's beyond frustrating and I know I am the only one at fault, but I can admit what I need to stay on track and that is people kicking my butt into gear and reminding me of what I want.

Replies

• brynnsmom
    brynnsmom Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I know what it's like to want to get back in shape post-baby. And congratulations on that!
  • klb_perkins
    Options
    Hi, feel free to add me! I know what it's like to want to get back in shape post-baby. And congratulations on that!

Thank you so much! I will add you now. :)
  • rtrcarrie
    rtrcarrie Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean. I found it so hard at first, but it has been worth it and continues to be. Thing is, after a while you WILL see the differences this will make in your life. The physical and emotional changes will be so rewarding. It IS worth it and I will gladly be your weight loss buddy!

Don't be on a diet.......change your eating habits. This way the changes you make will stay with you after you reach your goals. You will be healthier and stay healthier. Make small goals. I had a total of 72 pounds to loose. My first goal was 22 and when I reached that I made a second goal of 25 pounds. I have just reached that goal so my last weight loss goal of 25 pounds has just been set. My next goal will be to maintain it for 2 months. Then for another 2 and so on and so on. First goal is the hardest to reach. It will drive you mad for a while, but when you get half way there and see it starting to make a difference in how you feel and feel about yourself it will get easier I promise! (PS...I started on this journey prior to finding this awesome program.....so it's taken longer than it looks to loose the 47 pounds I've lost AND I went backwards after the first 18, gaining 7 of it back for a while before just going for it. NO ONE is perfect at this. We all mess up and it's OK cause you just have to get back up and go for it!)

Being held accountable is important. I had the food end down and sticking to it well, but the exercise end is another story. So I recently reached out to my co-workers. I told them all that I had decided it was time and I WAS going to exercise every day. One of the girls asked me if I wanted her to ask me every day and I said yes. It's a GREAT idea and now I feel like I would not only be letting myself down if I don't exercise but I would be letting my friends who care about me down too.

I also suggest close at hand support. My husband and I have been loosing weight together but he didn't need to loose nearly as much as me, so his encouragement goes a LONG way in keeping me accountable.
  • brendadale1
    brendadale1 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I am sure you are doing way better than me, I have never counted calories in my LIFE, until now...You are going to be on track again tomorrow though:)
  • bethann223
    Options
    Hi!

I just joined and need people to hold me accountable too! I'd like someone to "check in" with on occasion so I'm not in this alone!

I feel like I have such a long way to go!

Beth
  • SeraFee
    SeraFee Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I know what you mean! Feel free to add me. I also need help staying accountable!
    Sera
  • raquella7678
    Options
    Your not alone ! we are all in the same boat...
  • NSMustanggirl
    NSMustanggirl Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    We are all in the same boat! One of the reasons I'm loving this site and iPhone App! The fact that you're on here looking for help says a lot! Like lots of others, I just joined and just started this journey! Feel free to add! Could use the support too!
  • Toria718
    Toria718 Posts: 396 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with you on the accountable bit, adding you now :smile:
  • jordansh1961
    Options
    I understand where you are coming from I just got started and need some support. I always seem to give advice and cheer others on but no support for self. Yes! we are all going to make it but there will be days we need support. I have 100lbs to lose. I need lots of support. Sheila
  • tashfaux
    Options
    Im in too - starting today - getting help with Haley Bateup's Body Blitz, starting that this afternoon, and back onto logging my food - 42 pounds (had to go and convert that, work in kg but anyway!!) have to go. Figured by forking out some money might motivate me or I will feel guilty to not show up. Anyway, all add me and lets do this!!!
  • amyloula1969
    Options
    I am looking for an accountability partner and someone to help me with my struggles anyone interested you can message me.
    Thanks.
  • runningbs
    runningbs Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You can add me :-) So can anyone else!
  • astralweeks82
    astralweeks82 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I like this site because of the accountability it delivers. I will add you, feel free to do the same (and anyone else that wants to add me, go for it!)
  • smileygirl71
    smileygirl71 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you and everyone else! Please feel free to add me and anyone else is welcome to add me.
  • joolson45
    joolson45 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am right there with you.. in fact i was so frustrated because I felt like i did so well all week and have not lost anything... feel free to add me and we can encourage each other!!
  • RobH1973
    Options
    I think we all feel the same way. As they say seeing is believing......Unfortunately all the seeing is inside of us not on the outside. Welcome aboard and I am ready to help. Just need to add me.
  • red0801
    red0801 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    Looking to add energetic & positive ppl Add you if you like.
  • Seachicken84
    Seachicken84 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    One of the best ways to be held accountable is to be accountable for real. Find someone to report to. A signicant other, someone on here, a co worker, etc. set up what you will report. Exercised, ate proper, drank water, or whatever you two or your group decides to report. Example, I have my kids hold me accountable. I report to them every day. I gave them permission to ride my *kitten* if I don't report in, or if I skip a workout. I feel guilty not working out so I get it done so I don't have to report a skipped workout. Find someone you really will be accountable to, some one totally in your fitness corner and use them as your motivation.
  • DesertFox15
    DesertFox15 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Sure, I'll be your accountabil-a-buddy :) I'm adding you right now! Anyone else feel free to add me as well!