Question about goals

Options
Does anybody have a "goal weight" or "goal size"? How did you come up with it?

I started eating better and joined myfitnesspal to keep track of my nutritional intake about a year ago due to some personal health issues. I started to lose weight, and it kept coming off. After a few months and 55 pounds lost the weight loss slowed down, and I incorporated exercise. I have since lost 118 pounds and am in a healthy weight and BMI range. I have switched my calorie intake from a goal of 1 pound lost per week to 1/2 a week, I am still losing weight weekly. A year ago my goal wasnt to lose weight, it was to get my health concern under control (which it is), and I have no idea at what point I want to start trying to maintain my weight and stop losing. I dont have a magic number or size in mind, Im just curious if anybody has any input they would like to share?

Replies

• senoritameow
    Options
    Honestly I don't even remember the last time I was at my goal weight so I think it's just one of those things that u gotta wait out and see from there
  • silvajewl
    Options
    First I figured out my frame size(small,medium,large)...you can use your wrist size as a guide(or I'm sure google has a brilliant way to figure this out). Then I looked at a height/weight chart. Depending on your "frame" you should pick the lower,middle,or top of the range. I have a small frame so I picked the low side of the weight range...plus I can always choose to stop before I get there if I feel I've reached my happy weight. :)
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    My first goal was to be in a healthy bmi which was 130. Now I have a new goal of 125 caus I wasn't quite satisfied with how I looked at 130. I'm 128 now. I would not lose lower than my lowest weight in my bmi range but I don't think I'll get down that low.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    My first goal is where I'm comfortable, easily at 145lbs. But 135lbs would be "healthy" BMI. Even though I know the "healthy" BMI isn't worth it's weight in gold, but I'd like to be considered "Healthy" by the BMI scale just once! :)