TDEE Weight Gain

Options
Still new to this, so just trying to get the hang of It. Is it normal when you change to TDEE to gain some weight. Does your body have to get used to more calories and then you will lose?

Replies

• CloverCreeper
    CloverCreeper Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    Yes. Give your body about 6-8 weeks.
    If your number are correct you will start to lose again. (:
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Are you eating TDEE or TDEE minus a certain percent?
  • CristinaL1983
    CristinaL1983 Posts: 1,119 Member
    Options
    Any TDEE you find online can be off by as much as 30%. The only way to know for sure is to have a healthcare professional check your BMR and then add an approximate amount for your activity. Either way, it is still a bit of an estimate. You will have to adjust to prevent weight gain/loss... I think a couple weeks should be enough time to figure out which way to adjust.
  • raincoastgirl
    Options
    Yeah, I switched to the Wendie Plan which means eating more than is usual for me, and I haven't lost any weight. I'm hoping what you're thinking--that there's just some adjustment time =\
  • tnt7787
    Options

TDEE minus 20%
  • WBB55
    WBB55 Posts: 4,131 Member
    Options

TDEE minus 20%

With only 17 lbs to lose, some people might think 20% is too much to cut. Then again, it might be fine. Is TDEE-20% still higher than your BMR?
  • tnt7787
    Options

TDEE minus 20%

With only 17 lbs to lose, some people might think 20% is too much to cut. Then again, it might be fine. Is TDEE-20% still higher than your BMR?

Yes, it is more than BMR
  • tnt7787
    Options
    It said with Katch-Mcardle (is that the one you use?) BMR is 1357 and TDEE minus 20% is 1635