Wheelchair workouts

Options
I just discovered that Wii Boxing is a great cardio I can do in my wheelchair. I also do small strength training. Any other ideas?

Replies

• jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    What about wheelchair sports. Are there any teams near you. Someone I went to school with played for Britain in the Paralympic sitting down volleyball team. She lost her legs in the London bombings.
  • As much as I would LOVE that, I live in very, very rural Maine. I have to travel two towns over just to get to Wal-Mart. lol It would be fun though. Ever here of Murderball? Now that's a sport!
  • paulkempjr
    paulkempjr Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I play basketball, spend a lot of time outside in the woods, Off Roading if you will, hunting, fishing and archery.. All good exercise. Resistance band training, even use some of the cardio equipment at the gym, like sitting in front of the bike that has the handles that pump. Tennis, Hockey, and Weights, Weights, Weights. Wii boxing is a fantastic idea, I'm going to add it to my tool box! Right now I play a Wii Kung Fu game, it gets the blood pumping too!
  • willprovost
    willprovost Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    My neighbor is in a wheelchair. He walks his dog (OK, the dog does the walking, but you know what I mean) every morning. It definitely gets him moving every day. Next time I talk to him I'll try to remember to ask him what else he does.