tattoos

Options
so i want to get a tattoo on my upper thigh but i'm wondering if weight loss will affect or distort the look as i start to loose weight

Replies

• FlyerOne69
    Options
    Yes. The canvas will contract as you lose weight.
  • shannonsumner92
    Options
    Oh yeah.
  • elizak87
    elizak87 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I waited til I lost the weight. Use it as a reward
  • twinkiemon
    twinkiemon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Yes, most places your skin will shrink when you lose weight. I got mine on my ankle, which is a pretty safe place usually not affected by weight loss.
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    Wait until you lose the weight. ;) good luck!
  • usernameMAMA
    usernameMAMA Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    http://tattoo.about.com/od/tatfaq/a/weight_flux.htm

Depending on how much you have to lose, I don't think it would distort too much. I have one on my upper thigh that I got before I got pregnant that has not changed despite gaining 50+ pounds. I've got 25 to lose yet and so far, no difference.
  • Mads1997
    Mads1997 Posts: 1,494 Member
    Options
    I got one on my lower back when I was thin, it distorted majorly once I gained weight and just now some 20kilo later it's beginning to look as it should. I am waiting until I'm done with my weight loss to get another one as a reward.
  • crunchybubblez
    crunchybubblez Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I waited til I lost the weight. Use it as a reward

• mesicali_chica
    mesicali_chica Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I was wondering about this too... I have 40 or so pounds left to loose mostly in my core. However I'd like to get a 1/2 sleve if possible before I loose my nerve. Any thoughts?
  • PaulFromEssex
    Options
    I was wondering about this too... I have 40 or so pounds left to loose mostly in my core. However I'd like to get a 1/2 sleve if possible before I loose my nerve. Any thoughts?

Think carefully before you decide what to get. A pattern might be better than an actual picture. The skin will shrink a bit, even on your arms.
  • jkestens63
    jkestens63 Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have several tattoos and have lost a lot of weight. They got smaller but not distorted.