Your highest protein intake?

Options
Just curious for all those bodybuilding champs out there, i pay close attention to my protein intake, i ran a report on the past 90 days of protein and the highest i achieved in a day was 273G. On average i eat 200G, i weight 185. wanna see if anyone else pays any attention to their intake, and if anyones has had a crazy high amount

Replies

• jakeVScalories
    jakeVScalories Posts: 107 Member
    Options
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    The highest I've ever logged (and probably ever had) was I think 353g in early-mid December.. so far this year my high is 333g and I've averaged roughly 273g daily.

I think some of the craziest days are when you get a lot of protein on a lower calorie day. Friday I managed 265g on just a 1640 calorie intake.

I'm believing the high protein intake I've kept up has really helped me maintain (and even in some cases further) strength during my "cutting" phase.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    Mine's about 330g. No supps or shakes to get there either. Usually, I get about 200-250g.
  • jakeVScalories
    Options
    @UCB - Nice! 353 is intense. after i made this thread i strived to break my record, and i hit 300! first time ever, i kept ending up in the mid 200s. not today!

@mcb - with no shakes? you're crazy man, did you just eat chickens live?!?
  • Mighty_Rabite
    Mighty_Rabite Posts: 581 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure I could ever hit those high numbers without significant supplementation, lol. I'd have to gorge on Greek Yogurt, egg whites, and chicken!

I keep hearing about quinoa lately though so I'm kind of tempted to check it out and see what it's like.

I tied my year-high so far, got 333g today. Could have been higher for sure but I like to sprinkle in some empty calories on my surplus calorie days. Nothing at all wrong with mid-200s I'd say, I think that is still plenty in most scenarios! I think my fascination with a high intake pretty much boils down to the fact that I LOVE food, could eat almost anything in absolutely gruesome quantity, and protein keeps me fuller and my mind off of food more.
  • tm0054
    Options
    My highest since tracking is I think 209. On average I get around 190 grams or so. Since tracking I realized I was shorting myself every day when I was ballparking it.
  • _SABOTEUR_
    _SABOTEUR_ Posts: 6,833 Member
    Options
    @mcb - with no shakes? you're crazy man, did you just eat chickens live?!?

No, humans...:devil: jk :laugh:

I eat mostly chicken, fish, eggs, pork, turkey, milk, nuts and vegetables to get the protein whilst trying to keep the fat content down (which is v. hard).

It suits my tastes really well, plus I'm not keen on shakes of any description. I'm not slamming them or anything, just a personal choice.
  • jakeVScalories
    Options
    if you can do it without shakes then thats amazing man! well at least im in the 300g club with you guys now! its an honor to be here!