Need 5K advice please!

Options
2»

Replies

• CharityGC
    CharityGC Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    You're not setting yourself up for failure as long as you finish!
  • Terriann7
    Options
    All you have to do is cross the finish line and it can be on all fours if need be :)

Yep :-)

This made me smile! It is called the Neon Run and is at night with a ton of neon gear and made for a total blast! I am excited and I just registered!
  • Terriann7
    Options
    I love all of the encouragement! Thanks so much everyone! I am super stoked. I have some friends also registering and I know it is going to be so much fun! I will finish and finish well. ;)
  • chuckyp
    chuckyp Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Like everyone has said, just do the best you can for your ability. Chances are you'll be a little faster because of the adrenaline of the event and the presence of other people. But depending on which event it is, you'll be surprised at how many people walk almost the entire thing. So no worries! Which one are you thinking of doing? Maybe I'll do it with ya!
  • Terriann7
    Options
    Like everyone has said, just do the best you can for your ability. Chances are you'll be a little faster because of the adrenaline of the event and the presence of other people. But depending on which event it is, you'll be surprised at how many people walk almost the entire thing. So no worries! Which one are you thinking of doing? Maybe I'll do it with ya!

It is the Neon Run. It sounds like a big party but I know it will be fun and definitely motivate me to be ready! Then once I get this under my belt I will be ready for more! Check it out. It looks pretty wild.
  • zorbaru
    zorbaru Posts: 1,077 Member
    Options
    if you skip day 1 of each week, but still run 3 times a week, ie week 1 for you will be week 1 days 2 and three and week 2 day 2. etc etc. then you will finish the 9 week program in 6 weeks.

even if you do the whole thing. the beginning of week 7 is 25 min run, which is only 5 mins off the supposed 5k run of 30mins. so you should be able to push it out to the whole 5k if you run just that little slower.
  • Terriann7
    Options
    if you skip day 1 of each week, but still run 3 times a week, ie week 1 for you will be week 1 days 2 and three and week 2 day 2. etc etc. then you will finish the 9 week program in 6 weeks.

even if you do the whole thing. the beginning of week 7 is 25 min run, which is only 5 mins off the supposed 5k run of 30mins. so you should be able to push it out to the whole 5k if you run just that little slower.

Thanks for breaking that down for me. Makes perfect sense!
  • serenapitala
    serenapitala Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    All you have to do is cross the finish line and it can be on all fours if need be :)

Yep :-)

This made me smile! It is called the Neon Run and is at night with a ton of neon gear and made for a total blast! I am excited and I just registered!

Sounds like a fun one! Good luck ;-)