Celebs that lie about their size

Options
Well I certainly never would have started this topic if I thought people would get so riled up about it. I love celeb gossip mags, sites, etc. and this was just an observation on my part. Sometimes it seems to me that a lot of celebrities will claim to be much smaller than they are and I think that's negative towards us average girls and especially teenagers trying to live up that. I never said people that are a size 2 or 4 can't have curves. People come in all shapes and sizes, but really? You're gonna get all upset and defensive over someone who got peed on in a sex tape to become famous? I don't have a nasty attitude. Just a cynical and sarcastic one. I'm not sorry if you don't like it. Maybe if you would all just calm the eff down and realize it's not that big of a deal... :ohwell:

Replies

• DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    They all dress in high end clothing. High end clothing is notorious for vanity sizing. I don't believe for a second that Kardashian is a "real world" size 2. Curvy or not.
    You do realize that there is no such thing as a "real world" size 2, right?

Please, direct me to the store that carries the "real world" size 2. The one, TRUE size 2.
  • PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha this is so ridicuous, I'm pretty sure the OP was stating her observation (whether or not I agree with it) so everyone can calm down! You're all acting like you're waiting for these celebs to come thank you for sticking up for them in an online forum...let's all get back to fitness, yay :)

It's really a small sign of a larger problem, though, which is why people are taking the time to answer this. It is not necessarily healthy to compare oneself to any other body but one's own; weight loss, body type, size, whatever. Feeling angry, bitter, or resentful about this disconnect between one's body and expectations of one's body based on other people is similarly unhealthy (for example, if that bitterness translates into, "I think YOUR body isn't accurate to my standards or expectations"). This sort of topic has been posted before, just substitute Kim Kardashian with "my friend" or "my sister-in-law."

^This. Love you Firstsip :flowerforyou:
  • angelams1019
    angelams1019 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I'm not body shaming and she's a celebrity. A public figure. Someone who puts herself out there to be scrutinized. I'm not talking about a co-worker or friend here. Jeez. Y'all need to lighten up.

ummm actually. I live near all these "pseudo" people you guys think are only half-human. they are real people let me tell you. I meet lot's of them before they become famous and run into lots of them when they already are. they have all the same insecurities we all do and struggles possibly more. as a result of living here sometimes i get a taste of their medicine when i get stared at while dining even though i'm "nobody". some people may be thinking i'm someone who has seen better days or something but I don't know who. i can't tell you how uncomfortable it is to try to eat a normal meal or go in and out of a normal store when someone has decided you must be "somebody". imagine how it is when they really are someone famous? don't hate they don't have a more envious life than you, i can assure you.

oooooooooooooooooh, you live near them. that MUST make you an expert. :rollseyes:

i live in manhattan. there might be some celebrities near me. idk, i don't pay attention to them at all. i don't give a ****.

well it makes me someone with first hand information. eye witness accounts if you will. funny, now you seem jealous just because i live near them and see some of them sometimes on errands? it's not like they're my friends, i just see them like the sparklett's guy or fedex guy and some of those guys actually get me more excited lol. love those brown shorts.

lol, no. i'm not jealous that you happen to see celebrities. i don't care. as i said, i live in manhattan. i'm sure there are celebrities here, but i just don't care to seek them out. they are just people. celebrities don't impress me. i find it humorous when people run up to celebrities to touch them or talk to them.

I don't think she was jealous at all....I think she's more amused at the fact that you are talking about how you know how it feels to be a celebrity lol At least that's why I laughed...
  • firstsip
    firstsip Posts: 8,399 Member
    Options
    I'm not body shaming and she's a celebrity. A public figure. Someone who puts herself out there to be scrutinized. I'm not talking about a co-worker or friend here. Jeez. Y'all need to lighten up.

While I don't think you're body shaming (whoever said that is just trolling), I don't think your argument is valid. It doesn't matter if its a celebrity, your mom, your cat, or someone you met on MFP. That still wouldn't make it acceptable. (again...I don't think the OP was shaming at all)

Actually, no..I wasn't trolling..but thanks for the assumption. Also, I'm wondering how that would be considered trolling...

Quoted from the OP :
    I mean you just look at them and you're like "uh, your right *kitten* cheek wouldn't fit in a size 2".

Right. Tell me again how that's not body shaming?

If someone on MFP put up a picture with a body build and height that resembled closely to Kim Karsdashian and said they were a size 2...would it be okay for her to say, "Look, your *kitten* cheek wouldn't fit in a size 2. It's okay to own up to being a 4 or 8"....you are telling me that's not body shaming?

Its trolling because you're just trying to get a rise out of the OP, as you do on every other thread you comment on. While I don't agree with ANYTHING the OP has posted thus far, I didn't interpret her post as shaming. I don't think that the purpose of her post was to body shame. Do I think its an ignorant post? Absolutely. :drinker:

Are you serious? Joylia? She's usually the positive voice of reason on every post she's in. You admit you interpreted OP's post differently than Joylia did, than say Joylia must be trying to get a rise out of the OP because you guys viewed things differently?

My god, it's not even Friday.
  • pudadough
    pudadough Posts: 1,271 Member
    Options
    They all dress in high end clothing. High end clothing is notorious for vanity sizing. I don't believe for a second that Kardashian is a "real world" size 2. Curvy or not.

Uhmm High end clothing actually runs smaller than average brand clothing. The reason why is rich people tend to be thinner on average so that is why more expensive clothes run smaller.

Not from what I've experienced. The more I pay for a pair of jeans, the smaller the size goes. That's just plainly observable in real life.
  • booty_wurk
    Options
    Well I certainly never would have started this topic if I thought people would get so riled up about it. I love celeb gossip mags, sites, etc. and this was just an observation on my part. Sometimes it seems to me that a lot of celebrities will claim to be much smaller than they are and I think that's negative towards us average girls and especially teenagers trying to live up that. I never said people that are a size 2 or 4 can't have curves. People come in all shapes and sizes, but really? You're gonna get all upset and defensive over someone who got peed on in a sex tape to become famous? I don't have a nasty attitude. Just a cynical and sarcastic one. I'm not sorry if you don't like it. Maybe if you would all just calm the eff down and realize it's not that big of a deal... :ohwell:
  • xxtaliaxx
    Options
    It's mentioned somewhere that Kim K has 39 inch hips. I don't really understand how that works if she has 39 inch hips and is a size 2 and I have 40 inch hips and I'm a size 11 and I'm 2 inches taller than her. Riddle me that people!
  • BinaryPulsar
    BinaryPulsar Posts: 8,927 Member
    Options
    Bahahaha this is so ridicuous, I'm pretty sure the OP was stating her observation (whether or not I agree with it) so everyone can calm down! You're all acting like you're waiting for these celebs to come thank you for sticking up for them in an online forum...let's all get back to fitness, yay :)

It's really a small sign of a larger problem, though, which is why people are taking the time to answer this. It is not necessarily healthy to compare oneself to any other body but one's own; weight loss, body type, size, whatever. Feeling angry, bitter, or resentful about this disconnect between one's body and expectations of one's body based on other people is similarly unhealthy (for example, if that bitterness translates into, "I think YOUR body isn't accurate to my standards or expectations"). This sort of topic has been posted before, just substitute Kim Kardashian with "my friend" or "my sister-in-law."

I agree with this!!!
  • jenilla1
    jenilla1 Posts: 11,118 Member
    Options
    Girls with much higher BMI's than me wear smaller sizes than me because they are much shorter and wear their weight differently on their smaller frames. My mother-in-law is overweight and has a high body fat % but she wears a smaller size than me (I'm on the low side of healthy BMI) because she's almost a foot shorter.
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

ummm actually. I live near all these "pseudo" people you guys think are only half-human. they are real people let me tell you. I meet lot's of them before they become famous and run into lots of them when they already are. they have all the same insecurities we all do and struggles possibly more. as a result of living here sometimes i get a taste of their medicine when i get stared at while dining even though i'm "nobody". some people may be thinking i'm someone who has seen better days or something but I don't know who. i can't tell you how uncomfortable it is to try to eat a normal meal or go in and out of a normal store when someone has decided you must be "somebody". imagine how it is when they really are someone famous? don't hate they don't have a more envious life than you, i can assure you.

oooooooooooooooooh, you live near them. that MUST make you an expert. :rollseyes:

i live in manhattan. there might be some celebrities near me. idk, i don't pay attention to them at all. i don't give a ****.

well it makes me someone with first hand information. eye witness accounts if you will. funny, now you seem jealous just because i live near them and see some of them sometimes on errands? it's not like they're my friends, i just see them like the sparklett's guy or fedex guy and some of those guys actually get me more excited lol. love those brown shorts.

lol, no. i'm not jealous that you happen to see celebrities. i don't care. as i said, i live in manhattan. i'm sure there are celebrities here, but i just don't care to seek them out. they are just people. celebrities don't impress me. i find it humorous when people run up to celebrities to touch them or talk to them.

i do neither, i feel a little sorry for them when they're that famous that they can't even blink, and just handle my business. that's all. and during that business sometimes I see them in real life, that's all just like some of these fellows who say they work with them or have dated them. but in my case I only see them cause they happen to be around, and can compare their sizing since that's my former and hopefully future size, that's all. not fancy. just facts.