HELP! I lost 60 pounds and gained 10 of it back in 2 months.

Options
I went out of the country for 2 months and was surrounded by yummy food and no scale to complete my daily check ins (which are necessary for me). In the 2 months I was gone, I undid 4 months of hard work by regaining 10 pounds!

I have now returned to the eating habits I had when I was 50 pounds heavier and find myself constantly psychologically hungry (not physically, it's just an urge to eat). I ALL FOOD is acting as a trigger to binging-this includes things like gluten free oatmeal and low fat yogurt. Silly food items.

Has anyone experienced something similar? And if so, how did you turn it around? What did you do to stop the weight gain and return to your healthier lifestyle? Any help, tips, advice, or encouragement would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I lost 42 lb in 2011. Stopped counting calories and exercising and put it all back on by January 2013 .

I have now re-started my diet by counting calories and intermittant fasting and have lost 8lb in 1 month. Our bodies can cope with less food a couple of days a week and science has shown there are benefits to fasting.

I found exercising made me hungry for more calories and once I stopped dieting my hunger increased so this way my body will be used to 2000 less calories a week for life and once lost, I shouldn't put it on again.
  • zen1910
    zen1910 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for your reply! I have considered fasting. Especially because eating is mostly psychological for me-I would fast because this would detox my brain from feeling like it needs junk food.

I managed to go back onto my meal plan and I am once again an insanely healthy eater, I even managed to lose a pound this week. Your response really gave me some motivation. It reminded me that if you can go without food for a number of days, then I can go without a 1000 extra calories.

Good luck with your weight loss and congratulations on the 8 pounds lost!
  • fatsnacker
    fatsnacker Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Well done for getting back into it. I find reading through the message boards keeps my focus when I have run out of calories.

Never give up.
  • mandytriv
    Options
    Good for you for getting back on plan! It's so easy to get discouraged and go back to our old eating habits. I've always thought I needed to fast to "clean out" my system and I've tried but it never worked out well. I always felt deprived and then ended up eating something bad. Now I'm on a plan that allows for occasional treats and it keeps me happy. Good luck to you!