Fitness Gadgets

Options
My birthday is this month and I really want to get a fitness gadget but I am having a hard time deciding on which one. I am leaning towards either the BodyMedia or the Fitbit Flex but I am just not sure. Some of my friends swear by Jawbone Up but then I also see that there are a couple of new ones (Amiigo & Basis) that are going to be coming out and I just can't decide. I also downloaded Endomondo and I thought it was going to be very useful but then I realized that there is no way for you to edit the calories burned in it (because their estimations are way too high) or just simply add a workout and the calories burned. This is important to me because I am using the EA Active on my Wii and I need a way to count those calories burned while I am doing it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• altinker
    altinker Posts: 173
    Options
    I am not familiar with any of those devices, but I do have a Polar HRM and an iPhone app called Digifit. It is useful to have cals burned. Good luck on your decision.
  • ACSL3
    ACSL3 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    I have a Fitbit One and love it! :love: I also have digifit on my phone that I use during workouts, and it syncs with the Fitbit website which is really nice. I don't know much about the other devices you mentioned; all I know about jawbone up is that my dad tried it and said it was really inaccurate - but your friends may know better.
  • cherylbucalo
    cherylbucalo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I will look into those!
  • RussetBrunnette
    RussetBrunnette Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I heard there were a lot of issues with the Jawbone Up. I really want the new Fitbit Flex too!
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Good combination is fitbit One/Zip/usedUltra for daily activity and combine it with HRM for exercise, or the BMF. The Amiigo, FitbitbFlex and Basis may not be a good choice yet as you wont be able to get reviews. Up and Fuelband may be motivating but are not accurate.

You could get something used on eBay for now and then sell it on if you want to get one of the new devices later, once people have tried them out.
  • Ascolti_la_musica
    Ascolti_la_musica Posts: 676 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for the FitBit wrist bands. I have heard nothing but good about FitBit, and I like the idea of just wearing a cute "bracelet" instead of an obvious HRM.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    I am waiting for the FitBit wrist bands. I have heard nothing but good about FitBit, and I like the idea of just wearing a cute "bracelet" instead of an obvious HRM.

A HRM is only for exercise- not to be worn all day though.
  • cherylbucalo
    cherylbucalo Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    What is a good HRM to get?
  • dleask
    Options
    I've had a Fitbit One for a few weeks now and really rate it. The integration with MFP is very good and we also have the Fitbit Aria scales which also syncs weight with the rest of the Fitbit data. I've just ordered a heavily discounted Scosche HRM for use with digifit which Ive also started using for workouts. All three apps/sites integrate well and pass information between themselves.

I use MFP for accurate food/calorie logging, Fitbit for steps and weight/body fat% and digifit for hear rate based interval training.

Regards

Dave
  • GoneKona
    Options

Go to Polarusa.com

All of their products are really good.
  • jaz050465
    Options
    Polar FT4 and FT7 are very popular